+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: “Like two hard-boiled eggs in a handkerchief”

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    So you missed Jimi Hendrix and Miles Davis as well .....!
    Not a fan of either, but didn't necessarily miss THEM, more a case of missing memories!
    ABD.

I'm Martin.

Not a Hendrix fan? How can that even be possible?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Not a Hendrix fan? How can that even be possible?
    Quite easily. Just another stoned out grimacing blues guitarist (sorry Alan) About equal to Clapton perhaps but some way behind Peter Green and /or BB King

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Steadman View Post
    Quite easily. Just another stoned out grimacing blues guitarist (sorry Alan) About equal to Clapton perhaps but some way behind Peter Green and /or BB King
    And Clapton, Green and BB didn't grimace? And Clapton and Green were never stoned when playing?
    Barry

I'm Nodrog.

And Clapton, Green and BB didn't grimace? And Clapton and Green were never stoned when playing?
    No, what I I said was that Hendrix was just another one. Green and BB King just played better blues in my ever so humble opinion

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Steadman View Post
    No, what I I said was that Hendrix was just another one. Green and BB King just played better blues in my ever so humble opinion
    Albert King was better than BB King in my ever so humble opinion

But would agree with you re. Clapton v Green. Clapton was technically better, but Green had a better feel for the blues.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

True ..albert was king of kings
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Nodrog.

Albert King was better than BB King in my ever so humble opinion

But would agree with you re. Clapton v Green. Clapton was technically better, but Green had a better feel for the blues.
    I haven't heard much of Albert King but a few YouTube clips seem to suggest that he is, at the very least, BB King's equal. I will investigate further

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12