+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This is hard work.

Default This is hard work.

David Price and myself are trying to enlighten some closed minds. I know I'm losing the will to live over there.

http://www.zerogain.com/forum/showth...=23019&page=24

This is the busiest thread they've had for a long time...

Take a look and if you dare, join in and restore some equilibrium and (my) sanity.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Toy View Post
    David Price and myself are trying to enlighten some closed minds. I know I'm losing the will to live over there.

http://www.zerogain.com/forum/showth...=23019&page=24

This is the busiest thread they've had for a long time...

Take a look and if you dare, join in and restore some equilibrium and (my) sanity.
    hi steve,
    i have just briskly run through this thread and what i will add has been totally over looked by those idiots on there, one of the main reasons why most transistor amps have that paticular "grainy" sound is because unlike valve amplifier circuitry that produces mainly low order harmonic distortion ie, usualy no higher than 2nd and 3rd order, most transistor amplifier circuitry produces low and high order odd harmonic distortion,ie, 3rd 5th 7th 9th and so on, and its the high order ODD harmonic distortion that we cant stand listening too for any length of time, in even very small amounts! this is one of the reasons transistor amplifier manufactureres try to get their over-all distortion ratings as low as they posibly can , its to try and eliminate even the smallest amount of these high order harmonics!!! also sometimes
    when you put a valve circuit after a solid state circuit that is producing these high order harmonics, the valve [remember not being able to produce high order harmonics] will supress those high order harmonics and therefore can make the previous un-listenable circuitry sound well,,, listenable!
    therefore, valves have natural compresion and limiting characteristics, which give them the ability to re-produce sound in a way much closer to what we recognise in real life!
    i am not a member of that forum so i cannot comment direct, but you can by all-means quote what i have written, it may help, but reading between the lines with some of these characters, i doubt it.
    regards,anthony,TD...
    Last edited by anthonyTD; 19-09-2009 at 16:05.

leo is offline Circuit Junkie & DIY Room Forum Leader

I flicked through the posts, way too much hard work for me wanting to get involved with that
    Cheers,
    Leo

Smile Thanks Steve

I was asked to join the thread. I simply cannot understand rude, arrogant, ignorant people with a chip on their shoulder. So it's not for me then?

However, this is the time to publicly thank Steve Toy for his support. My sympathies to David Price for the utter unpleasantness and rudeness shown towards him...................

Regards

Dave

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Dave
    i tried to make a feeble effort ' to say how good your timestep is but i was mostly ignored.

I have made similar post's on other forum's (AV/PFM) but it seem's badge snobbery rules .

BMW/AUDI driver's suffer from a similar handicap
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I now realise why I've stopped here on AoS after my previous experiences (not of zg I hasten to add.) Hamish's "encounter" on PFM completely put me off venturing too far anyway - where's that group hug smiley when I need it?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Why bother? Life's too short..

I'm Greg.

Yes, agree with Ali. It is worth observing that a few years ago, Rob Holt was evangelically commited to valve amps. I wonder what happened there

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Yes, agree with Ali. It is worth observing that a few years ago, Rob Holt was evangelically commited to valve amps. I wonder what happened there
    I couldn't believe what I was reading form him, he's changed his spots

I'm Neil.

Sorry but the saying " pearls before swine" comes to mind, ZG waste of time IMHO.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast