+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JBE Series 3 Slatedeck - For Sale (no arm) Strictly UK Sale Only.

I'm Neil.

Default JBE Series 3 Slatedeck - For Sale (no arm) Strictly UK Sale Only.

I need to make some room here and therefore I am sadly forced to sell my JBE Series 3 slatedeck, direct drive turntable.

This isn't a quartz locked design so speed does require resetting from time to time via the trim pots on the PSU and included strobe. This seems to be the case after its been left off for awhile. I must concede though that it is possible that the PSU needs some components replaced as this slight speed drift could be down to component values having changed with age, it may well need serviced. Being honest I don't know if that's the reason why or its a quirk of the design. In saying all that I have very much enjoyed using it with an SME 5 arm on it and a Graham Phantom, and had no speed issues or stability ones but after removing from the system and putting it back in I did on resetting it up have to re set speed so thought I should mention this - in interest of fair disclosure.

The turntable comes in slate (few marks here and there) with an SME cutout and I have two lids, one in pretty good condition the other showing its age. There is a wee bit of tarnishing on the metal lid hinges and the PSU controls also show some age. The platter is not mint but I would say its in very good condition.

The deck is fitted with Microseki Microsorbers that are still sound but showing their age a bit. I did have to re glue the threaded inserts on two to allow fitting tightening to the plinth. Re sound quality I think they are best replaced but they were original to the deck.

I have the original box but I think the lid needs packing separately. No instruction booklet. Postage would be at cost. Payment preferred Bank Transfer. UK Sale only

I am not sure how much this is worth exactly, so I am open to what I feel are sensible offers.
    There are two on EBay at the minute with SME arm's fitted on them for £450 and over £600. I think these prices are maybe overly high but maybe not. I just don't know.

Ebay listings http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Environmen...item25a8f9f1aa

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JBE-TURNTA...item3f4f2003fd

Review Here http://www.hifinews.co.uk/news/artic...--vintage/9400

I will throw up photos of the better lid later. I will probably offer the other lid as a separate listing.

Here is a photo of it fitted with my SME 5 arm (tonearm nor the feet on it in the photo are not included in the sale. Isolation feet being Track Audio Isoloation feet)

Edit 5/10/15

Lid and hinges included with sale item.

Condition very good, some minor marks here and there.

Regards Neil
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 05-10-2015 at 20:55. Reason: Addition of lid photos

I'm Geoff.

Very nice Neil. It looks in superb condition.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

lovely tts these. nearly bought one but got outbid. glws
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Thanks guys.

I cleaned it up awhile back and oiled the slate.

Well Grant if you are interested have a think and make me an offer.

Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

if i could shift some speakers i would Neil. noone wanted the imf s...have an aversion to bay ing them tbh even though i would likely get more. also have those nice jmlabs. keeping the kefs.....probably the tannoys too unless someone makes me a really good offer....will see... i actually like these full range telefunkens so will probably keep these and make a better supertweeter(in post).
    doubt this will hang about too long if folk have any sense.these decks sound very good and as geoff says this is in stonking good condition.

cummon boys snap this up!
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Surprised this is still available
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Surprised this is still available
    Indeed.

I will take photos of the lids tomorrow and place them in the ad - might help.

Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Ive boxed up my speakers(double boxed) so they may go on the bay shortly. even my wad cant find a buyer, which at the price is embarrassing so stuff is hard to sell it appears mate
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Ive boxed up my speakers(double boxed) so they may go on the bay shortly. even my wad cant find a buyer, which at the price is embarrassing so stuff is hard to sell it appears mate
    Indeed, so it seems.

Regards Neil

I'm Paul.

Looks lovely.

What price are you asking and how much is UK postage?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast