+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice required Re Fidelity Research FRT-3 SUT/Ebay

I'm Tony.

Default Advice required Re Fidelity Research FRT-3 SUT/Ebay

Hi guys, I'm unsure if this is the right place for this, if not then can a kindly mod please move it?

I sold my Fidelity Research FR3-T SUT on Ebay to a guy in Poland (comments below from the buyer) who claims the SUT is defective and wants a refund however the SUT worked perfectly when it was posted to him and it was posted and packaged very well (I've sold loads of stuff and sent it abroad).

I suspect he's at it and has bought the SUT to try with his cartridge which probably doesn't suit the SUT in terms of output, I'm presuming that he is using a Dynavector cart no idea which one though but my advert specifically made reference to the SUT working with Denon 103 carts and it's variants (orginal advert below).

What should I do guys, just take it back and resell or stand my ground? (I've 100% feedback on ebay going back over 10 years).

To compound things he's asking me to pay for the postage so that he can to send it back to me, I'm a bit annoyed here to say the least.

I never offered returns on this item BTW.

Thanks

Tony

"Reason:it's defective or doesn't work

Comments: Hello! I would like to return the just purchased item. I tried it in my hifi system. It has a very weak amplification. I have tested other similar product of dynavector which had much stronger sound. I did also different configurations with different preamps, all made up conclusion - the received fidelity reseach is not acceptable product. Please let me know, where can I ship it back to get my money back."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fidelity-Res...p2047675.l2557

Just sent this message to the buyer

"Hi there, this item worked perfectly before it was dispatched to you and I tested it before packaging.

I can only assume that your cartridge is not compatible with the SUT as it's suitable for all Denon 103 Moving Coil Cartridges and it's variants (variants of Denon 103 cartridge).

Which cartridge are you using with the SUT and are you connecting the SUT properly to your hi-fi?

The SUT has to be connected to a moving magnet phono stage, are you connecting it to a moving magnet phono stage in your amplifier?

Thanks

Tony"
    Last edited by twotone; 15-07-2015 at 19:46.

I'm Adam.

Hi Tony,
    I suspect you may be correct & the buyer is connecting it at line level or using a completely mismatched cart. Unfortunately as a long term user of evilbay I can tell you that 99.9% of the time eBay will side with the buyer regardless.
    No matter how preposterous their claims the seller will always be the one to get shafted.
    Given that the item has a value considerably higher than the cost of return postage I would keep calm and polite, ask him to post it back to you and keep your fingers crossed that he hasn't damaged it!!
    At least if it comes back to you in one piece you can re-sell and get some money back.
    HTH

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by aniki View Post
    Hi Tony,
    I suspect you may be correct & the buyer is connecting it at line level or using a completely mismatched cart. Unfortunately as a long term user of evilbay I can tell you that 99.9% of the time eBay will side with the buyer regardless.
    No matter how preposterous their claims the seller will always be the one to get shafted.
    Given that the item has a value considerably higher than the cost of return postage I would keep calm and polite, ask him to post it back to you and keep your fingers crossed that he hasn't damaged it!!
    At least if it comes back to you in one piece you can re-sell and get some money back.
    HTH
    Thanks Adam, I actually think that he's bought it to try with his cart cause these things are so expensive for what they are and the matching thing is really difficult so the easiest thing to do is just buy one and then say that it's faulty when it doesn't suit.

Hopefully he's not damaged it.

Tony

I'm Geoff.

eBay will probably take the buyer's word about it not being as described, but under eBay rules he is responsible for return carriage. If he threatens to leave negative feedback over this, notify eBay immediately. He agreed to pay returns due to accepting to buy under eBay terms. If he does leave negative feedback, complain to eBay.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    eBay will probably take the buyer's word about it not being as described, but under eBay rules he is responsible for return carriage. If he threatens to leave negative feedback over this, notify eBay immediately. He agreed to pay returns due to accepting to buy under eBay terms. If he does leave negative feedback, complain to eBay.
    Hi Geoff, looks as though ebay have changed things in that regard.

Next steps:

See the request details. Be sure to resolve the buyer's request by Jul 16, 2015. After that date, the buyer could ask us to open a case, and this can affect your seller performance level.

Note that if you accept a return, you'll be charged for return shipping because the buyer mentioned that something's wrong with the item.

See request details
    The funds for this transaction will be unavailable until this return has been closed. You can also use these funds to issue a refund. You must issue a refund within 6 business days of the item being delivered.

You can ask us to step in and help if there's a problem with the buyer's request.

I'm Geoff.

So it seems. I didn't know. They're always tinkering with their terms. Looks like you have to decide what to do promptly. Me, I'd just pay the return to get the unit back and flog it in the UK. Not worth a big argument with an idiot.

I never sell outside the UK by the way. Too much aggro.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Hope you put a security mark on it Tony ...whats his buyer rating?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Hope you put a security mark on it Tony ...whats his buyer rating?
    Just noticed Grant, a big fat zero

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    So it seems. I didn't know. They're always tinkering with their terms. Looks like you have to decide what to do promptly. Me, I'd just pay the return to get the unit back and flog it in the UK. Not worth a big argument with an idiot.

I never sell outside the UK by the way. Too much aggro.
    Aye think your right Geoff, problem is I'm off on holiday from Friday for two weeks but I suppose he'll just have to wait if I decide to take it back and pay for the postage.

Messes up the bank account big time though cause paypal just take the money back, I waited until it was delivered then withdrew the money from my paypal account to my bank account.

I'm Geoff.

But you need to let him know by tomorrow according to the eBay quote. If you miss that deadline you may have bigger problems.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast