+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Australia

Default Hello from Australia

Live on the mid north coast of NSW; near Coffs Harbour.
    Budget (and other obstacles) notwithstanding, I've been keen on Hi-Fi for years and later with AV (separately, of course).
    Lately I've gone all nostalgic and ventured into valves - much to the disdain of some of my SS supporters - but it's been a revelation to me and I continue to compare and improve my setups. And my LP collection grows faster than the CDs.
    Recently my direct comparisons of CD & LP versions have been most rewarding; even to the extent of grudging interest and appreciation from the aforementioned SS "skeptics".
    Soon I'll submit some pics of my modest arrangements.

I have yet read but a small selection of posts in this forum and have found it both enjoyable and illuminating.

I'm Rob.

Hi, i'm very new here too so welcome! I share your interest in valves and vinyl though cash strapped I don't have any valve gear at present, but I have in the past...

Get comfy, I find it a nice place to 'be'.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by kendrew View Post
    Live on the mid north coast of NSW; near Coffs Harbour.
    Budget (and other obstacles) notwithstanding, I've been keen on Hi-Fi for years and later with AV (separately, of course).
    Lately I've gone all nostalgic and ventured into valves - much to the disdain of some of my SS supporters - but it's been a revelation to me and I continue to compare and improve my setups. And my LP collection grows faster than the CDs.
    Recently my direct comparisons of CD & LP versions have been most rewarding; even to the extent of grudging interest and appreciation from the aforementioned SS "skeptics".
    Soon I'll submit some pics of my modest arrangements.

I have yet read but a small selection of posts in this forum and have found it both enjoyable and illuminating.
    Hi and welcome to AOS.

Yes there is a lot to read here. Whats your first near ? Maybe you would like to add it as your signature. We like to be on first names here on AOS. What kind of music do you like and what system are you using ?

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

Thank you for your welcomes.

My music tastes are very catholic.
    Have a nice collection of classics on vinyl started in the '50s developing towards middle of the road/easy listening in the 60s to the present.
    Recently avidly gathering nostalgia from the '50s.
    CDs from their inception to current - some remasters of the vinyls for comparisons (some DVD and DVD-A music spectaculars for fantastic get-togethers).
    NEVER heavy rock.
    Some jazz, country & western, techno, popular groups (e.g. Pink Floyd/Supertramp/Talking Heads - etc., etc.) - too much to mention.
    I almost forgot the female and male vocals which can bring tears to the soul; although I'm spoilt by my Tannoys.
    I simply love music and its complexions and dynamics.

Equipment setups -

Analogue: Nottingham Interspace deck/arm, Ortofon Rondo Bronze, Icon Audio PS1.2 MC, Weston Acoustics Tribute PP int. amp., Tannoy C15s.

SS: Marantz 5 disc CC4300, Cambridge Audio AZUR DacMagic, Nakamichi IA-1 int. amp., Tannoy MG12s.

Mixed bag cables/interconnects.

As requested, I have given my first name (John) in the signature panel - but I prefer kendrew (my middle name) as being less ubiquitous for forums.

I hope my signature panel, when activated, which includes my music setups is not too muddled.
    If it is required, I can edit it to incorporate our AV setup.
    Last edited by kendrew; 19-09-2009 at 04:02. Reason: To include updates

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Hi Kendrew, welcome aboard, and thanks for the great info.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread