Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Amplifier

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Box13 View Post
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2915130768...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just bought one of these for £5:50.
    Could it run a power amp?
    Yes this will act as a preamp to drive a power amp. Good price
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Andrew.

well you can buy the RCA's cheapish from Maplins.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

Box13 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Yes this will act as a preamp to drive a power amp. Good price
    Thank you for both the congratulations and the advice, I can't wait for it to arrive now, as I've been bowled over by the P5

Box13 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    well you can buy the RCA's cheapish from Maplins.
    Food for thought, thank you.

I'm Louis.

Hi,

Sorry to hijack. I noticed the little bear valve pre-amps.

I was thinking to make a passive pre for when I get a new main power amp, to bypass pre in my Arcam A85 when using turntable (via Project phonobox RS)

Now I think about these. Do they sound good any good?

A little, simple valve pre-amp could be ideal if they sound good?

I'm bob.

A REGA OSIRIS would be a great match for your turntable.
    Last edited by rdpx; 13-07-2015 at 22:51.

I'm Geoff.

If I was looking for a single amplifier solution at (comparatively) sensible money, I'd be looking here: http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/news/art...ound;1749/9718
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Box13 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LouisB View Post
    Hi,

Sorry to hijack. I noticed the little bear valve pre-amps.

I was thinking to make a passive pre for when I get a new main power amp, to bypass pre in my Arcam A85 when using turntable (via Project phonobox RS)

Now I think about these. Do they sound good any good?

A little, simple valve pre-amp could be ideal if they sound good?
    The answer to that is it depends upon your other equipment and the use to which you put it.
    I am using mine between my Denon CD510 and the Teac A5000.
    It makes the CD player sound like a good turntable, so as you can imagine, I am delighted with it.

Box13 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    If I was looking for a single amplifier solution at (comparatively) sensible money, I'd be looking here: http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/news/art...ound;1749/9718
    I have heard Creek equipment in the past Wally and I'm sure it will be very nice.
    However; the Little Bear costs a tad less than £1800!!!

I'm Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by Box13 View Post
    The answer to that is it depends upon your other equipment and the use to which you put it.
    I am using mine between my Denon CD510 and the Teac A5000.
    It makes the CD player sound like a good turntable, so as you can imagine, I am delighted with it.
    Hi Box13 - Glad you like your Little Bear Pre. I noticed there are some other Little Bear Pre's in that shop, some of them that cost North of 25 quid. Did your P5 include a power supply and if so did you use it? Might save up for one myself!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast