+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: speaker placement help needed please

I'm jamie.

Default speaker placement help needed please

hi,
    due to my room layout i have my speakers as per the video,they are 1300mm apart and i sit directly in the middle of the 2,at 2 meters distance.my first question is having the right speaker so close to the turntable,is this a big no-no?
    secondly my other option would be to move them to the other wall but this would mean im kinda sitting off axis near the left speaker.
    i could move the whole hifi rack instead and leave the speakers where they are,whats my best option?
    im going to try it out tomorrow but im looking for general advice first as they are bloody heavy!

http://vid1267.photobucket.com/album...psj79lwmpg.mp4

My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Grant.

Doesn't have to be a problem. I would prefer for the speaker to be away from the speaker in case of sound waves affecting the delicate nature of a TT but if it is working well and your happy then no real reason to change it imo....sure someone will come along and say otherwise tho I might be tempted to move it a n other foot away though
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

The KLHs are looking good Jamie. I see you succumbed to the lure of a Soddek.

The Linn is reasonably resistant to vibrations and floor movement, so you'll probably be OK unless the wick goes up really loud.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm jamie.

yes im sorry mate but i did ittok as well,the poor AR is going on the bay soon do you think im better off selling (if i decide to) the 774 with the turntable or separately?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Grant.

separately the way prices are going....
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    separately the way prices are going....
    i dont think mine would reach the heights the last one did grant although here's hoping...
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Grant.

should do 150/200 range judging by latest sales, depending on condition and who's looking etc.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robert.

Hi Jamie, What's with the bog roll on top of the toilet cistern top left of pic

I'm Geoff.

Keep the 774. It sounds better than the Ittok. When you decide to move the LP12 on (and I bet you will ), you'll have a good arm ready for your next TT. It works great with a Garrard 401, or Techie and the best I've heard is on an older Roksan Xerxes (yes, there are some good ones about). That was stunning!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm jamie.

ha ha ha i'll have you know thats an ikea dvd storage system if you please! i forgot i left the bog roll up there,i was cleaning the old oil out of the turntable honest guv!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast