+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blue's Stereo Listening Rack

I'm Blue.

Wink Blue's Stereo Listening Rack

In our listening room, we have the Home Theater and the Vintage gear. I'm currently improving the vintage stereo system to get more to my liking.

1965 Dynaco ST-70 with VTA Driver Board, POI Caps, Front test point jacks.

https://plus.google.com/photos/+Blue...82537155698945

1972 Bozak Symphony w/ External Crossovers including Tobin Mods and optional db controlled Supertweeter connectivity

https://plus.google.com/photos/+Blue...97718471228561

Modern Tube Line Stage built in a Dynaco PAT-4 Chassis

https://plus.google.com/photos/+Blue...86869455957761

Here is the 1st batch of pictures, these are not full evolution of each piece, more of a Cliff's notes pictorial.

Cheers,
    Blue

I'm Grant.

Nice looking Amp Blue
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Nice power amp. The preamp is a David Hafler design too if I recall.

I remember Bozak speakers from the seventies. Never tried any though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Blue.

The preamp tube boards I have in now are designed by Rot Mottram. I just ordered a case for my TUBE DAC DIY KIT - Lampucera1.0 + Lampizator. Looking forward to playing with that. I'll connect the CD out, the DAC via OPAMP out and the Cathode Follower to see what sounds best.

Bozak's: I was looking for a little more bottom in my basic stereo system. I went from Dynaco A-25's to the Hersey's. Added a subwoofer... plate amp did not sound right. I had heard a set of Bozak's in my younger years back in the day when stereo stores had multiple listening rooms set up and you could spend time auditioning equipment. So I joined the Bozak Yahoo group, lurked around for a while as I was searching the web for local Bozak B-302's. One day, a fellow who was downsizing offered up his Symphonies to someone who would offer a charitable donation. One of my customers is a very large worldwide charity that distributes wheelchairs. Long story short, we came up with a donation plan, I drove from the Bay Area to LA and back with not only the Symph's but the B-313's and the Bi-Amp crossover. It's been a long ride, they needed some TLC, capacitor upgrades that I took to the next level. We really enjoy them now.

My ol' ST-70, sounds great running the Mids and Highs on the Bozaks. To get that project finished off, I need to troubleshoot a pre-amp with my phono stage and slap the DAC in the case and play around with that.

Cheers,
    Blue

+ Reply to Thread