The preamp tube boards I have in now are designed by Rot Mottram. I just ordered a case for my TUBE DAC DIY KIT - Lampucera1.0 + Lampizator. Looking forward to playing with that. I'll connect the CD out, the DAC via OPAMP out and the Cathode Follower to see what sounds best.

Bozak's: I was looking for a little more bottom in my basic stereo system. I went from Dynaco A-25's to the Hersey's. Added a subwoofer... plate amp did not sound right. I had heard a set of Bozak's in my younger years back in the day when stereo stores had multiple listening rooms set up and you could spend time auditioning equipment. So I joined the Bozak Yahoo group, lurked around for a while as I was searching the web for local Bozak B-302's. One day, a fellow who was downsizing offered up his Symphonies to someone who would offer a charitable donation. One of my customers is a very large worldwide charity that distributes wheelchairs. Long story short, we came up with a donation plan, I drove from the Bay Area to LA and back with not only the Symph's but the B-313's and the Bi-Amp crossover. It's been a long ride, they needed some TLC, capacitor upgrades that I took to the next level. We really enjoy them now.

My ol' ST-70, sounds great running the Mids and Highs on the Bozaks. To get that project finished off, I need to troubleshoot a pre-amp with my phono stage and slap the DAC in the case and play around with that.

Cheers,
Blue