+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thanks AoS for having me!

I'm Blue.

Default Thanks AoS for having me!

Greetings,
    My name is Randall but my friends call me Blue. Currently living in the east bay California area.
    The 2 main systems in the house are a home theater setup built around an Onkyo NR-5007, Polk Monitor Series 70 II (Bi-Amped), Windows Media Center PC with the Ceton TV Tuner, Sony Blu-Ray & Hi-Def TV.

The vintage system has a couple of Tubes4HiFi Preamps, a Dynaco ST-70 for mids & highs, a Carver A-220 supplying the bottom end into a set of Bozak Symphony speakers with the Bozak Active Bi-Amp crossover. I’ve got some Dynaco A-25’s, Klipsch Hersey’s and a set of Bozak B-313’s waiting to be re-capped and Tobinized. I’m just getting back into vinyl, so I picked up a refurbished Technics SL-BD20 and a new Shure M92E.

Over the weekend we enjoyed the Grateful Dead’s farewell shows on pay per view on the Onkyo system, we listen to Blues, Jazz, and Rock from the Allman Brothers to Frank Zappa. JJ Cale, Mark Knopfler and smooth guitar slingers are normally close by for listening. We have a large selection of live CDs but only a few albums.

I am currently working on a DIY project that I found a very long thread here about. I am building up the 24bit/192KHz TUBE DAC DIY KIT - Lampucera1.0 + Lampizator CS8416 + CS4397 and I have a few questions about mods, case / chassis options, I/O connectivity, etc.

That was a little long winded, I apologize for that, music & stereo gear is a passion.

Cheers,
    Blue

I'm Geoff.

Hello Blue. Welcome to AOS.

You have some interesting equipment. If you are recapping speakers or doing any other projects, some photos would be welcome.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here.

(If you want to be called Blue, best put that in your profile instead of Bluewater. But it's up to you)

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Josie.

Welcome to AOS, Blue...

Plenty of people here that can help you for sure.

Enjoy!
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Blue,

You have some interesting equipment and a fine taste in music. Whilst I have heard of Bozak, I know very little about them: how do they compare with other US brands such as McIntosh, Marantz or Fisher? Some photos would be nice if you can manage that.

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
    Barry
    Last edited by Barry; 07-07-2015 at 12:45. Reason: Addition
    Barry

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS Blue

Regards Neil

I'm Blue.

Thanks for the welcome Geoff, Black Adder, Barry & Dalek! My handle, aguaazul = bluewater in spanish... a name given to me after a guided peyote journey in the AZ desert in '79.
    I changed my name to Blue to make it easy.

I have a Google / Picasa web picture sharing site with oodles of pictures. I'll look up the proper way of sharing them & post them.

Cheers,

Blue

+ Reply to Thread