+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amp Modelling: Bob Carver & Transfer Function Amps

I'm ChrisB.

Oh yah, You did mention that. oops

I'm ChrisB.

Well Bob Carver has put a new one-off set of these amps that he's just recently specially built on Ebay.
    If you ever fancied a pair, this is your chance!
    Nineteen bids & just over a day to go. Bidding is currently running at US $22,453.37

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Carver-SILVE...item2a107d6fd5

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Well Bob Carver has put a new one-off set of these amps that he's just recently specially built on Ebay.
    If you ever fancied a pair, this is your chance!
    Nineteen bids & just over a day to go. Bidding is currently running at US $22,453.37

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Carver-SILVE...item2a107d6fd5
    Amazing looking amps - now $31,800!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Neil.

Are they worth that kind of money? Has anyone ever heard an original set ? 900watts All muscle and no delicacy ? All interesting questions. As I said earlier in this thread when it stated originally I never got to hear really high-end Carver The main stream kit was quite good, certainly in my memory much better than Bose and I have a lovely Carver MC step up

Bob Carver was originally involved in Sunfire http://www.sunfire.com/ That still appears to be the case. Not heard or seen any of it either.

Regards D S D L

I'm Martin.

They look like crates full of empty milk bottles
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I admire Bob Carvers willingness to 'think outside the box'. Some of his latest circuit topology ideas are beautifully simple and elegant and explore little exploited technology such as magnetic amplification. The price to pay for this elegant circuitry are designs that have very low efficiency and pityfully low power.

I have an interest (and a secret hankering) in assembling a 'less is more' audio system comprising a single-ended class A amp (either valved or solid state) with suitably efficient speakers (which despite my, rapidly diminishing, prejudice against horn loaded speakers, are in the frame).
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12