+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TQ Tellurium Claymore amp - anyone know the phono stage specs ?

I'm Mike.

Default TQ Tellurium Claymore amp - anyone know the phono stage specs ?

Hi,

I'm looking for info regarding the built in phono stage in my amp, I'm planning to get separate phono stage but seeing as my Goldring Eroica HOMC cart is a little quiet via the built in stage I wondered if anyone could tell me the specs of the one in the amp, eg: loading, gain etc, as the stage I'm thinking about will be valve based with no option to change gain and/or load settings except at the build stage, although I might end up changing the cart first, so knowing more about the one in my amp would be a help.

My amp is this one :

Thanks,

Mike.

I'm James.

The designer, Colin Wonfor! Is on this forum. Maybe pm him, although he may be under a humerous name
    Source: Heavily modified DDDAC using MacBook Pro.
    Amplification: Pre amp-Stereo Coffee pre amp on steroids.
    Power amp- Rather large Colin Wonfor Class A power Amp
    Speakers: Lampizator P17 Open Baffles
    Accessories: Klotz 500 DIY Interconnects & DIY speaker cable sounding better than anything commercial.
    All powered from a Mother Trucker BPS with a dedicated consumer unit with 10mm armoured radial back to the house tails after the meter.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    The designer, Colin Wonfor! Is on this forum. Maybe pm him, although he may be under a humerous name
    Hi,

I did think of that, but he's not really a fan of Tellurium these days so out of consideration for Colin's feelings I thought I'd ask if anyone else knew.

Mike.

I'm Colin.

Mike,

I am not pissed of with TQ just the people running Tellurium Q for their disgusting treatment of me.

The Goldring Eroica HOMC has 2.5mV into 47K there should be plenty of gain to go very loud with the TQ Claymore, which is looking for 3.5mV for full power on MM and 0.2mV on MC.

I hope this helps??

Best Colin

I'm Colin.

OK I have a funny name, but when measuring power the square root of 2 is 1.414, so I have joke about with names like "Root2", and "DamagedHuman", not braindead as Dave changed my name too the sod, but it made Richard giggle so it was OK, But the best is "AntiCrap", as I am not going to tolerate being screwed over again even by God or so called friends.

The caption reads " You vill buy Tellurium Q cable by order of the management and you vill not go on Facecrap to praise it or you vill be fired."

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Wonfor View Post
    Mike,

I am not pissed of with TQ just the people running Tellurium Q for their disgusting treatment of me.

The Goldring Eroica HOMC has 2.5mV into 47K there should be plenty of gain to go very loud with the TQ Claymore, which is looking for 3.5mV for full power on MM and 0.2mV on MC.

I hope this helps??

Best Colin

Hi Colin,

Superb, many thanks for the reply and the relevant info.

Mike.

+ Reply to Thread