Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NVA Phono 2

I'm Steve.

Cool NVA Phono 2

Anyone using one of these? Opinions please?

I'm Steve.

I bought one of these blighters from the NVA ebay shop and i have to say without doubt it is the best Phono stage i have ever owned and i have had a fair few. Power supplies are a bit noisy so i am thinking about isolating tham somehow but the sound is bitching.

I'm Geoff.

I've heard they are good. I'd like to hear one.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alan.

There don't seem to be any specifications on the various web sites, I assume they are solid sate?

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    There don't seem to be any specifications on the various web sites, I assume they are solid sate?

Yup, apparently Firebottles are the devil's work

I'm Darren.

i had a phono 2 with single psu. was a great bit of kit. my mate has it now, difficult to better for the money.

do you have 1 or 2 psu's Steve?

I'm Steve.

I have two PSU's. I also have a rather special Firebottle 2 which i use with my Orb and that's a nice bit of kit too.
    Quote Originally Posted by belloire View Post
    i had a phono 2 with single psu. was a great bit of kit. my mate has it now, difficult to better for the money.

do you have 1 or 2 psu's Steve?

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    I bought one of these blighters from the NVA ebay shop and i have to say without doubt it is the best Phono stage i have ever owned and i have had a fair few. Power supplies are a bit noisy so i am thinking about isolating tham somehow but the sound is bitching.

This I must hear...

I really rate the firebottle and VTL I heard at yours Steve so this must be quite special.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

NVA make some very good gear. They don't enjoy a high profile as their designer eschews magazine reviews, preferring instead promulgation by 'word of mouth'.
    Barry

I'm Josie.

I've had one. It's hard wired to whatever cart you have though, but no big thing if you can find someone who knows what they are doing.

I had to place the PSU well away from the unit too as it induced hum.

I had at first the one PSU, then a second. Didn't get much more out of it with the 2nd unit...

It was alright, good. It was a good step up from my other unit which was a MF phono stage.

All in all, no way near as good as the one in my Croft but they are very different beasts.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast