Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NVA Phono 2

I'm Steve.

Indeed the whole thing depends on system synergy. Here are my findings within my own system.... http://progmeister.com/nva-phono-2-phono-stage

I'm Alan.

Excellent write up Steve.
    It looks like you have uncovered a bit of a gem. I've not heard any active NVA gear but from what I've read I have an admiration for RD's technical prowess.

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Steve.

I am still using my FB2 Alan so don't think it has been usurped. I am very fortunate and extracicant enough to accommodate both. I believe i now have the very best design of valve and solid state phono stages in my system without laying out silly money. Both my FB and Phono 2 are totally out performing designs costing ridiculous amounts of cash in nearly all aspects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Excellent write up Steve.
    It looks like you have uncovered a bit of a gem. I've not heard any active NVA gear but from what I've read I have an admiration for RD's technical prowess.

I'm Darren.

nice write up Steve.

i had a phono2 with a single psu, running in mm, was excellent.

i'm looking forward to Des getting the firebottle stage that's doing the rounds. will be very interesting to listen to it. i wasn't particularly impressed with it at the NEBO i came to, but that's not a fair appraisal as we were changing kit all day etc. (i didn't think my own stage sounded as good as it should that day either)

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    All in all, no way near as good as the one in my Croft but they are very different beasts.
    It's certainly not as characterful sounding as a Croft can be... I'm speaking as an owner of both a Phono 2 and a Croft (to roughly R level) by the way
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12