+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best fm tuner ?

I'm Michael.

Yes I've read reviews on the Denon with many features can be had for £10 on ebay

I'm Nial.

I landed an Onkyo T-9090ii on gumtree a few months back for £80. Comes out pretty good in the tunerinfo shootout. No complaints, its the best tuner I've ever owned both for sound quality, selectivity and receiving weak stations. Has a very useful facility where it can be switched to automatically select the optimum hi blend, selectivity width and preferred ariel (two may be connected) for a station as it is tuned in. The high blend is variable and has a very light touch, surprisingly unobtrusive in use.

Very nice bit of kit, would be my desert island tuner out of the others I own (Technics, Yamaha, Leak, Denon, Marantz etc).

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffc View Post
    For £30 or so used, the multi-award winning Denon TU260L K2 is a cracking good tuner with RDS/EON etc.

Also, for sound quality, providing you have a decent aerial, the higher end Rotel RT series are excellent and cheaper to buy than the usual suspects.
    I would recommend a Rotel
    Really been impressed by the Rotel RT-930AX I picked up earlier in the year wonderful sound I think I paid £12.50 and have seen similiars knocking about even cheaper very simply no RDS Sounds really good on Radio3,4 and Classic FM I have a good strong signal form a roof top tv airiel not sure how good it would do in areas with reception issues been tempted to buy another for the bedroom even though I have a Denon reciever I really like already

I'm Geoff.

I have an RT-830AL that I never use.

Rotel are one of the dependable makes, much like Denon. Who steadily turn out good value products that sound excellent. And don't think it's all budget gear either. Both companies have made prestige items in the past.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Clark.

Sansui TU-517 These sometimes pop up on ebay at reasonable prices.

Essentially a 717 but without the test tone facility

I'm Michael.

Default Tuner

to be honest I don't think that sounds any better than my old Nad ?

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by BTH K10A View Post
    Sansui TU-517 These sometimes pop up on ebay at reasonable prices.

Essentially a 717 but without the test tone facility

I have both and I think they are over rated compared to others but I think that about Accuphase tuners too, well those I have heard that are supposed to be amazing.... Underwhelmed . Com

Regards Neil

I'm Michael.

Default Tuner

Neil do you think due to the radio 2 and classic Fm broadcast quality the actual sound doesn't sound that different on a lot of tuners ?

I'm Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I have an RT-830AL that I never use.

Rotel are one of the dependable makes, much like Denon. Who steadily turn out good value products that sound excellent. And don't think it's all budget gear either. Both companies have made prestige items in the past.
    Your tuner on eBay Geoff £10 at the moment

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael loves music View Post
    Your tuner on eBay Geoff £10 at the moment
    It's a basic, budget tuner. Well made though. I must try it out one of these days.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast