+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suzuki Swift - Anyone ?

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Default Suzuki Swift - Anyone ?

I am looking at a Suzuki Swift that is for sale locally.....

I seem to remember that someone on here owns one...

Can anyone tell me if they are reliable etc ??

The one I am looking at has a high mileage but it doesn't particularly bother me as my Merc has over 300,000 on it..

I've driven the Swift and it drives superb and it's great fun as well... completely different than the Merc of course...

Thanks for any help...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

Suzuki bikes & cars. I've had a few.

Just check the owner reviews on Parkers site. You won't find much bad said about Suzukis.

The Swift in its various guises is a well liked car. Good handling, snappy engines with durable timing chains too, no poxy timing belt to worry about.

I have a Suzuki Alto 1.1GL and an Alto 1.0SZ at the moment (and a Vauxhall).

My Alto 1.0SZ is amazing for a car less than 1000cc. It has the same performance as the old BL 1275 Mini Cooper S, meaning it's nippy enough. 70mpg and zero tax doesn't hurt either. Very smooth and quiet too, even on the motorway.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Suzuki bikes & cars. I've had a few.

Just check the owners reviews on Parkers site. You won't find much bad said about Suzukis.

The Swift in its various guises is a well liked car. Good handling, snappy engines with durable timing chains too, no poxy timing belt to worry about.

I have a Suzuki Alto 1.1GL and an Alto 1.0SZ at the moment (and a Vauxhall).

My Alto 1.0SZ is amazing for a car less than 1000cc. It has the same performance as the old BL 1275 Mini Cooper S, meaning it's nippy enough. 70mpg and zero tax doesn't hurt either. Very smooth and quiet too.
    Thanks for the feedback Geoff... I believe the Swift 1.3 uses a chain cam engine derived from the Toyota Yaris which is no bad thing...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Grant.

I thought it might have been a flintstone motor .. actually one of my neighbours had one and quite liked it. he gave it to his daughter and he got another, bigger suzi
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Thanks for the feedback Geoff... I believe the Swift 1.3 uses a chain cam engine derived from the Toyota Yaris which is no bad thing...
    That's just a story going about, there's no truth in it as far as I can tell. They don't even have the flywheel on the same ends.

Another great Suzuki is the Ignis, which everybody seem to forget about. They handle really well and go like the clappers, even the basic 1.3 goes like stink (I had one) and the 1.5 Sport is a little rocket. Both models quite cheap now, plenty of low mileage ones. There's an excellent 4x4 version too.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

That's just a story going about, there's no truth in it as far as I can tell. They don't even have the flywheel on the same ends.

Another great Suzuki is the Ignis, which everybody seem to forget about. They handle really well and go like the clappers, even the basic 1.3 goes like stink (I had one) and the 1.5 Sport is a little rocket. Both models quite cheap now, plenty of low mileage ones. There's an excellent 4x4 version too.
    That might be the case about the engine but as long as it is chain driven then I'm happy...

Have you driven the Swift ?
    Bev

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Have you driven the Swift ?
    Not the current one. I had the previous model. 1000cc and very nippy.

Not the current one. I had the previous model. 1000cc and very nippy.
    The one I am looking at is a '55 plate but the mileage is 139,000, however it drives without fault and it's only had 1 owner...
    Bev

I'm Grant.

my car is an 05 plate and has done 44k lol..... its a fair amount for a 1300cc but should if looked after well over the years be able to do another 100k
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

If it's been well maintained (full service history), it should be fine. It's not unusual to see Swifts for sale with well over 150k miles on the clock. Bear in mind that with that sort of mileage some bits could be approaching replacement time. Suspension and steering bits and the like. If it's manual, it's likely on it's second clutch which may be approaching the end of its life, but depending on the driver it could be fine. If the price is good and you like it, why not?

What's the spec and how much is being asked for it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast