+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Digital coaxial cables

Default Digital coaxial cables

Hello

This is my first time on this forum. I am looking for some advice concerning my hifi set up.

My pc is some 11 metres (cable length) from my Beresord TC7520 dac land is linked with a reasonable quality digital coaxial cable that does a good job. However I have a couple of questions:

1) Does this distance mean I am, and will always, loose some quality?

2) Has anyone got a suggestion as to what cable would give an improvment if length is an issue?

The dac is excellant and I am currently tidying up wiring so this would be an ideal chance to upgrade the coaxial cable if it would be beneficial.

Look forward to receiving some advice.

Bob

I'm Neal.

The signal will degrade over distance but as long as you use low loss 75ohm impedance cable (like RG59 cable or the better RG6 cable) in a single run with no kinks or tight radius bends you should be fine. At the SPDIF frequency I would think there wont be much loss at all anyway.

Edit: one benefit if possible would be to fit the correct BNC sockets and plugs to the cable and equipment, this would terminate the cables correctly and minimise signal loss further.
    Last edited by NRG; 14-09-2009 at 10:50.
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I'm InSpace.

Hi Bob...

Welcome to AoS.

I can make one for you if needed. You might want to read through some of this first... http://www.theartofsound.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=3519
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I'm seldomaroundnow.

Hi!

Sorry, nothing constructive to add, just wanted to share that the title for this post sounded odd in the Welcome forum. It came across as either some kind of hifi erotica ("Oohh, digital coaxial cables! *moans*") or a curse phrase (perhaps one Marco might use? "*stubs toe* Digital coaxial cables!").

That's all, as you were.

*grins*
    Simon.

+ Reply to Thread