+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Tannoys.

montesquieu Guest

Fascinating list here, quite a few on these I haven't heard, though I have been through quite a few cabinets as well as a mix of 12in and 15in MGs and HPDs. (GRF, Lockwood, HPD, Lancaster and assorted custom jobbies). I have heard MKII Cheviots though and they are lovely!

For quite a while, I really pushed back against Paul's insistence that the 12in HPD is the pick of the bunch, sticking with MGs out of habit, but I must say the Tannoy Canterbury-derived speakers he designed for me changed my opinion. In the right cabinet with the right crossover the HPDs really are the best of the lot, and they still punch their weight against current Tannoy Canterburys.

I'm Geoff.

There would have been 15" Tannoys on that list, if I'd ever had room to do them justice. However, in my environment the 12" is just fine. So have the 10" models been actually.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    There would have been 15" Tannoys on that list, if I'd ever had room to do them justice. However, in my environment the 12" is just fine. So have the 10" models been actually.
    a bit like getting right size TV screen. Too big is not always right.
    My Ocellias are 8 inch; the 12 inch coax was tempting, but I'd need a bigger room (still dreaming of a barn near Med.....).
    Chris.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12