Ok so under the guise of " Hey Mrs saber dont you think the room would be better this way?" I finally have my set up out of the corner, only did it last night so not have much of a chance of a listen but so far so good.

The biggest change in the system is the amp, after the akai died on me, taking the advice of a forum member I grabbed a Cambridge audio A1 v3 from ebay.

Really happy with it, nothing leaps out at me, its unremarkable, but in a good way. Bass trebble and mids all seem pretty balanced, I think my DIY speaker cable is the weak link now, any recomendations would be greatfully recived.

Wish I could run Fm with it but sadly failed on that count, took the sanyo out of the system, Fm signal here is appaling, spoken to a few ppl and all reported much the same and with no option to have a proper outdoor Fm antena, I think the sanyo Tuner will go back on ebay.

Dropped the toshiba bridge too, will be looking for a better Cheep usb dac soon. I just swap the Laptop in and out when im using foobar or spotifi.

Mostly just enjoying CD.

Reading the forums has me hankering for big changes but.... in the future. For now pretty happy with my simple system.
Thansk Guys. Saber.