+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Record cleaning devices - cheap = case economy?

I'm Grant.

Doesnt seem to have made all that much of a leap forward in time and in many cases noise just in price...Not so sure the ultra sonic approach is a safe one for vinyl over and above a single clean imo.
    I think i will persevere with my moth. seems to work well still and takes less time and is way cheaper. be nice to see his results though when you get them Hugo
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Phil.

Thanks again, chaps.

I'm Phil.

I had an album I could afford to ruin with experimentation, so tried a suggestion from a contributor here, i.e. the (very) cheap and (very) cheerful option of warm water, washing up liquid, microfiber cloth and a rinse.

I'm staggered at the results from such a simple act...I turned something that would have play-graded as 'good' (at the absolute best) to just about 'near mint'...a real result, as the item I was sacrificing had been a hugely disappointing £15 purchase from a record fair.

Definitely buying a machine.

I'm Charlie.

Anyone with a serious vinyl set up should invest in a proper vacuum RCM. Whilst the high end Loricraft, Keith Minks and Audiodesk might be better at cleaning than a Moth, Okki Nokki, VPI, the difference is pretty marginal. If you don't vacuum the dirty liquid off, it will dry and deposit some (but not all) of the gunk back into the grooves.

I'm Grant.

Im always amazed at the improvement i! even a brand new vinyl when its been cleaned on my moth..imo it was one of my best ever buys.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm scott.

Quote Originally Posted by topoxforddoc View Post

Anyone with a serious vinyl set up should invest in a proper vacuum RCM. Whilst the high end Loricraft, Keith Minks and Audiodesk might be better at cleaning than a Moth, Okki Nokki, VPI, the difference is pretty marginal. If you don't vacuum the dirty liquid off, it will dry and deposit some (but not all) of the gunk back into the grooves.
    Agree RCM 100% essential component if you buy Vinyl use a both a Audiodesk & Loricraft
    if you can,t afford £1000-£2000 to clean your records
    how about one for £200

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...=record+doctor

Box13 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lawton View Post
    Just mulling over the purchase of a vinyl cleaning machine.

I've seen the range of machines and have to ask if buying one of the cheaper ones (typically £50-70) would prove to be a false economy. Should I simply bite the bullet and get a VPI machine?
    No.
    Save your money.
    A good cleaner for your computer screen will serve with a freshly laundered handkerchief.
    This is of course my personal opinion and I am not decrying anyone who likes to spend on their chief interest.

I'm Nathan.

I made my own for very little money. I bought the motor recommended on PFM for £12.95. I bought some 22mm overflow pipe and elbows from screw fix. I used these on the vacuum tube
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moth-Recor...item35d0c9e51d

The results are brilliant! Much better than my knosti disco antistat, in fact I sold that after which paid for everything!

Take a look here.
    http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/s...d.php?t=161218

Box13 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nuff View Post
    I made my own for very little money. I bought the motor recommended on PFM for £12.95. I bought some 22mm overflow pipe and elbows from screw fix. I used these on the vacuum tube

The results are brilliant! Much better than my knosti disco antistat, in fact I sold that after which paid for everything!

Take a look here.
    Very clever.

Box13 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nuff View Post

Take a look here.
    Very clever.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast