+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whisky on 70s tv?

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Possibly something disgusting like 'White Horse'
    Just had a google, don't think it's that, grateful for the suggestion though.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    REGAN "Somebody put something in my drink last night"
    CARTER "What?"
    REGAN "Alcohol..."

Superb... Love The Sweeney - I've seen that bottle too, no idea what it was... doubt it was anything special though.
    I'm thinking that if it is a real brand it's going to be a pretty low end of the scale blend.

I'm Martin.

Not if Cowley was drinking it as he only drinks single malts
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Not if Cowley was drinking it as he only drinks single malts
    Absolutely! This was a half bottle given to Bodie by Doyle on a stakeout.

I'm Grant.

think we've drifted into the professional's
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

it's in both, apparantly
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Rich.

Here is the best I can get from both shows, looks the same to me but it's not much help.

I'm Grant.

looks more like a rear label than a front one tbh. could be sherry or port
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Bit o/t I know but my uncle Rod served with Merseyside CID from the late 'Sixties to the mid 'Eighties. He was exactly like the character Gene Hunt from 'Life on Mars'. If I didn't know better I'd swear they based the character on him. He once told me that in his opinion the Police And Criminal Evidence Act ruined policing in the UK because it meant they could no longer torture a confession out of suspects...

Anyway one of his ex-colleages told me this story. It was the custom to celebrate cracking a big case or securing a conviction to 'get a bottle in' i.e Scotch Whisky and have a bit of a jolly in the office. Over the years this had got a bit out of hand and a new Chief Constable had laid it down from on high that no more bottles could be got in unless it was a very special occasion and the DCI okayed it.

One afternoon it was a bit slow and they were sat about bored. The DCI enters the room and my uncle says 'Hey can we get a bottle in?'

The DCI asks 'what's the special occasion?' To which my uncle replies: 'Cindy the cleaner just got a new head for her mop.'

They got their bottle.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Bit o/t I know but my uncle Rod served with Merseyside CID from the late 'Sixties to the mid 'Eighties. He was exactly like the character Gene Hunt from 'Life on Mars'. If I didn't know better I'd swear they based the character on him. He once told me that in his opinion the Police And Criminal Evidence Act ruined policing in the UK because it meant they could no longer torture a confession out of suspects...

Anyway one of his ex-colleages told me this story. It was the custom to celebrate cracking a big case or securing a conviction to 'get a bottle in' i.e Scotch Whisky and have a bit of a jolly in the office. Over the years this had got a bit out of hand and a new Chief Constable had laid it down from on high that no more bottles could be got in unless it was a very special occasion and the DCI okayed it.

One afternoon it was a bit slow and they were sat about bored. The DCI enters the room and my uncle says 'Hey can we get a bottle in?'

The DCI asks 'what's the special occasion?' To which my uncle replies: 'Cindy the cleaner just got a new head for her mop.'

They got their bottle.
    well officially
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast