+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: PEBO (aka Pelaw Bake Off aka mini NEBO 5.1)

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppsy View Post
    Guys,
    great shame the Scottish contingent didn't make the mini meet. Ali, hope you get your car repaired soon and doesn't hurt your wallet too much.

From the feedback I get the impression quite a few of those who did attend were most disappointed to have missed the opportunity to hear the EDINGDALE speakers that Gazza was bring down.

Now it's a long time to wait for the next NEBO and with this in mind how about if Scott and I organise a mini meet say in August or September in HULL, would this be of interest to you Newcastle and surrounding area northern based guys to be interested? I would bring along my original demo pair of Edingdales and Jenna speakers. I would also bring along my new Norge floorstanders for their first public airing. Amps would be a Conrad Johnson LP66S-S2 to satisfy the valve heads and a Musical Fidelity A300CR Dual Mono for the SS favoured ears. I also can bring along a AH! Njoe Tjoeb 4000 Reference CD player. Not sure if I would have room for my Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck but I could perhaps persuade Stratmangler to join us for the day as he might have room for my vinyl front end. Perhaps even persuade NickG to bring his new phono stage.

I'd organise it at my place with a dedicated listening room and great Lancashire hospitality but Rossendale may be a little too far for some whereas Hull is midway between the two. I know Scott has a very nice venue in mind.

So guys please post your interest here and if there is enough initial interest I'll start a new thread and ask Scott to get some available dates.
    Hi Colin, I could make a Saturday trip down to Hull but my dates are more limited over the coming weeks.

Aug bank holiday would be out of the question, as would the 5th September as I'm at a festival then away for 2 weeks from the 17th.

Might be an idea to start a new thread to prevent confusion also.

All the best.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Ken.

Just got back from the Upton Blues Festival last night (Nice!).
    Looks like you had a good session, shame it clashed.

Sorry to here about the vehicle break down Ali, I'm off to Glasgow myself tommorrow, via Newcastle Airport and a stop off in Carlisle. Might check out some of the record shops in Glasgow, time permitting.

An old school friend is opening the doors to his record shop on the 29th July, previously web based sales and singles only, so will be attending that. Its only 500yds from my house, that is just going to be too tempting to walk past.

Looking forward to full blown NEBO in November.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Cheers Ken, my mate is looking at it as I type.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm steven.

Sounds like a superb night was had by all I got landed going to my sisters daughters wedding (shite music)so couldn't make it sorry rich if you organise this again sometime I will deffo make it ps are you taking the nva mono blocks to nebo would love to here them with a vinyl front end ps what make is your passive pre 😜

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    Just got back from the Upton Blues Festival last night (Nice!).
    Looks like you had a good session, shame it clashed.

Sorry to here about the vehicle break down Ali, I'm off to Glasgow myself tommorrow, via Newcastle Airport and a stop off in Carlisle. Might check out some of the record shops in Glasgow, time permitting.

An old school friend is opening the doors to his record shop on the 29th July, previously web based sales and singles only, so will be attending that. Its only 500yds from my house, that is just going to be too tempting to walk past.

Looking forward to full blown NEBO in November.
    Hi Ken, pleased you enjoyed the festival mate. Has your pal got a website or anything for his shop I'd be interested to check it out.

Also looking forward to the NEBO, the idea for the one off was spawned because we'd both made some big changes to our systems so it was such a shame you couldn't make it. I'll be interested to hear how the Yamahas have moved on since your mods and whether you went for the Nakamichi amps. Gordon was telling me about his.

Quote Originally Posted by vinyljunky View Post
    Sounds like a superb night was had by all I got landed going to my sisters daughters wedding (shite music)so couldn't make it sorry rich if you organise this again sometime I will deffo make it ps are you taking the nva mono blocks to nebo would love to here them with a vinyl front end ps what make is your passive pre 😜
    This was just a one off mate, a pre match friendly for the NEBO. We were supposed to have some Edingdales there but the Scottish lads couldn't get there. Hope you'll be bringing yours to the NEBO. Ill take my amps along too. The passive I'm using is an Icon Audio. I'll bring that too.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Ken.

Hi Rich

Back from Glasgow, +couple of LP's and CD's.

Brian has been running a web based business for singles for about 7 years at www.45rpmdiscs.co.uk
    He needed the shop for his stock but gets a lot of 12" albums in bulk puchases and house clearances etc. I think he is using the shop to move these so they may not be on his site.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415