+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PEBO (aka Pelaw Bake Off aka mini NEBO 5.1)

I'm Rich.

Default PEBO (aka Pelaw Bake Off aka mini NEBO 5.1)

Right chaps, since NEBO 6 is still a while off and a few of the more local folks have expressed an interest for a smaller scale get together I can arrange a little meet up at the Bill Quay Cricket Club on either Friday 17th July or Friday 14th August. Saturdays are tricky as there's obviously cricket and bands and other stuff on but Fridays are generally free. We can have the function room at no cost as long as some beers are purchased and ill get some pizzas in from the takeaway round the corner. The room isn't too big and will take a couple of systems being set up (obviously only one playing at a time).

We can have the venue from 5pm and the club has reasonably priced quality ale from the excellent Jarrow brewery. The venue is a 5-10min walk from Pelaw metro and easily accessible by car with plenty of parking. If folk want to come from further afield there's a Travelodge at Whitemare Pool about a mile away and numerous accommodation options in Newcastle, Gateshead or South Shields if you want something fancier.

Let me know if there's enough interest and of course what you'd like to bring. As its just round the corner from me I'll start the ball rolling and bring a full system. Ideally need someone to bring another quality pair of speakers. I'll also bring the copy of 10cc 'Bloody Tourists'

So reply here if you're game and which of the 2 dates works best.... PM me if you want any more info.

All the best.

R
    Last edited by RichB; 11-06-2015 at 22:58.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

July would be good for me Rich.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm peter.

Hi Rich excellent idea same as Ali-t July suits me better who knows this may become just as well received as nebo . Nice one Rich I will try and gather a bit more interest round Gateshead way aswell. Pete

I'm Paul.

August would be ok for me, I'm nightshift on the July date.

Are you still using the Brio-r Rich? I could possibly bring an Elex-r for comparison. As for speakers I've got JPW AP3s if they would be suitable.
    Paul

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by rossman View Post
    August would be ok for me, I'm nightshift on the July date.

Are you still using the Brio-r Rich? I could possibly bring an Elex-r for comparison. As for speakers I've got JPW AP3s if they would be suitable.
    Hi Paul, I've moved on from the brio r and I'm now using a passive pre and NVA monoblocks with NVA cable throughout. Great synergy similar to what I had with the Rega set up but even more honest in the presentation.

Is still love to hear the elex-r though and would have my Rega speakers there. Similarly I'd love to hear my NVA amps with the JPW as I understand they're quite well suited.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey555 View Post
    Hi Rich excellent idea same as Ali-t July suits me better who knows this may become just as well received as nebo . Nice one Rich I will try and gather a bit more interest round Gateshead way aswell. Pete
    Cheers Pete, the idea here isn't to take anything away from the NEBO there just seemed to be an appetite amongst some of the local regulars, some of whom have made pretty big changes to their systems, for a more small scale gathering so we're treating this as a pre match friendly with enough clear water between this and the NEBO main event.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    Is still love to hear the elex-r though and would have my Rega speakers there. Similarly I'd love to hear my NVA amps with the JPW as I understand they're quite well suited.
    Rich, even if PEBO can't be on the August date I'm sure we can sort something out as I'd love to hear the Elex-r with Rega speakers as well.
    Paul

I'm Gary.

Sounds good mate, hopefully I can make it (date depending) and I'll bring down the Big E's if I can.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Can bring the Monarchy Audio amp, the Firebottle OTL, and the two box phono stage. If anyone wants to hear anything else, let me know.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Steve.

I can bring a pair of Mission 752 if that's any good?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Can bring the Monarchy Audio amp, the Firebottle OTL, and the two box phono stage. If anyone wants to hear anything else, let me know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast