+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Malham Limestone Pavement

I'm Shaun.

Default Malham Limestone Pavement

Malham Limestone Pavement, 10th June 2015

Sue and I decided to have a few days away from music and hi-fi and went to stay at a campsite at Gordale Scar in the Yorkshire Dales. This is one of the photographs that resulted from a very hot Wednesday. What a fantastic three days away.

I'm inactive.

Superb photo Shaun, great B/W toning !!

Great photos on your website too

I'm Geoff.

Yes. Nice one Shaun (again).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Gordon.

Nice photo mate
    Mac mini > Jriver 19 > ODAC > QED Silver Anniversary IC > Project Ember MkII > Linn Black > Marantz PM6004 > Mogami 3103 > Dali Zensor 1

Mac mini > JRiver 19 > QED Silver Anniverary IC > Project Ember MkII > Forza Audio Works Colour cable > Sennheiser HD 650

Sansa Clip+ (r/b) > Sennheiser PX 100-II (w/HD 414 pads)

I'm joe.

I was there, almost 50 years ago, on a school trip. 'Limestone Pavement' and 'Ox-Bow Lake' are about the only things I remember from geography lessons.

I'm Shaun.

Thanks so much for your comments guys. I used to treat photography like a lot of people treat religion and was a devout traditionalist but these days things are just so much easier with a digital camera and a good version of Photoshop with a few plugins.

I'm Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Thanks so much for your comments guys. I used to treat photography like a lot of people treat religion and was a devout traditionalist but these days things are just so much easier with a digital camera and a good version of Photoshop with a few plugins.
    That's my rationale too these days. The transition to digital sure was a rough one though eh, with arguments as to validity breaking out all over the place. Like you though I've come to the realisation that at the end of the day it's just an image, however it was created.

More power to you

Gordon.
    Mac mini > Jriver 19 > ODAC > QED Silver Anniversary IC > Project Ember MkII > Linn Black > Marantz PM6004 > Mogami 3103 > Dali Zensor 1

Mac mini > JRiver 19 > QED Silver Anniverary IC > Project Ember MkII > Forza Audio Works Colour cable > Sennheiser HD 650

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    I don't use anything too fancy to edit/alter images. I'm happy with Faststone Image Viewer. It does what I need. And it's free, which is handy for a skinflint like me.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I don't use anything too fancy to edit/alter images. I'm happy with Faststone Image Viewer. It does what I need. And it's free, which is handy for a skinflint like me.
    Same here, at least, these days anyway. I used to use PS in my Windows days but since moving to a Mac I've been forced to give it a miss.

To be honest though, I find that as long as I'm prepared to accept the limitations of working with jpeg's rather than RAW files, better editing options are available on mobile platforms, and for relatively little cost. The current iteration of Snapseed on both Android & iOS is superb for instance. iOS is better served than Android in my opinion but Android is catching up fast.

As far as the Mac is concerned it's a disaster for photographer's on a budget with very few limited options outside of the full-blown (and expensive) editing suites.

Gordon.

I'm Shaun.

Hmmm... these days guys I use an old version of Adobe Photoshop (CS2) which I absolutely love but I use two plugins, Silver Efex Pro and Colour Efex Pro and I find that these two pieces of software give me everything I need except beautiful warm tones, staggering depth of image and stunning tonal range...LOL. There really is no substitute for silver chloride on a beautiful photographic paper like Agfa Record Rapid but, I admit defeat. I admit that I am no longer as narrow minded as I used to be and I accept that after 45 years of this shit, I just don't need it anymore (Starting to sound like Andre) so, for the future, I am staying with digital and getting a life. Now on to Hi-Fi and vinyl...!!! Don't get me started

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast