+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi all!

Default Hi all!

Hi All,
    George here, just wanted to say hi.

I was planning on posting a message about how to record an LP for best possible sound but wasnt sure where to post it. I have a Tech 1200 turntable and Shure needle. I normally record via my USB port.I've heard a lot about recording at 24-bit/96kHz for dvd playback and was wondering what the real story is here. Is there that much of a difference? I normally record at 32bit, add a touch of EQ if need be and I use Waves L2 to master using the HI-Res cd master preset using the type 1 setting with moderate dither and then convert to 16 for cd playback. How does that sound? I'm up for all advice..thanks guys and glad to be here.
    George.

I'm ChrisB.

Hi George,
    Welcome to The Art of Sound. I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here as well as a whole heap of very knowlegble people (who're also quite nice, really).

Tricky to know where to put a thread about digitising vinyl, but I'd be putting it in the 'Analogue Art' section, myself, which is here:
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4

But before you do that, we have a bit of housekeeping to carry out. Because the AoS is such a friendly & informal place, we like to know a little about each other, so if you'd tell us all about your system, that'd be great. It's also good to know roughly where folks come from and if you could find a way to post some pictures of your gear into the gallery, we'd love to see what you use. There's no pressing need for an entry into the gallery just yet if you're not able to do so, but if you could bear it in mind.............it's here:
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14

And if you don't know how to post pictures, there's a thread here to help you:
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2

There's no-one here who makes judgements about people based on the gear they own, so whether your system is modest or drool-inducing, we'd all be glad to see it!

Once again.........welcome!!
    Last edited by The Grand Wazoo; 11-09-2009 at 23:43. Reason: Just a little light URL insertion

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Welcome George - can't help with your query but just to say hi and enjoy your time here, look forward to hearing a bit more about you and your system and music tastes in due course.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread