+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Microprocessors with everything :)

I'm Mike.

Default Microprocessors with everything :)

This arrived yesterday; a Sony PS-X600, please excuse the poor phone photo.

I always fancied a go with a Biotracer arm and it's been a revelation.

A total joy to set up and use, the VTF dial is absolutely bob on, when compared to my digital scales and the constantly microprocessor adjusted anti-skate has eliminated end of side distortion, with no discernible loss of detail. Just breezes through my usual torture tracks.

The only downside is that the arm doesn't have VTA adjustment but as luck would have it, with the 1042 mounted, the tonearm sits virtually parallel.

Cheap as chips, sounds and looks good and no more worrying about drunkenly falling asleep while listening to a record.

What's not to love ?
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Josie.

Hey... that's very cool indeed! Love the tonearm design... lol well futuristik
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Mike.

Not only that Baldrick but I'm a bit concerned that it could actually usurp my PS-6750 !
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Peter.

Straight out of the Jetsons, Mike!
    The biotracer always struck me as a crazy, over-engineered solution from engineers with too much time and budget, but somehow I guess it works. Mind you, there have been plenty of times where I could have used its vtf 'on the fly' capability.
    Is it really better than the 6750?
    For the money, these old Sony decks seem to offer great value if you can find good 'uns.

+ Reply to Thread