+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My System

I'm Geoff.

It's strange. I don't remember these as aggressive, just very lucid and immediate. Maybe aging crossover components were affecting yours prior to the rebuild. Glad it's worked out for you. They must surely be an appreciating asset now.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Hi Brumjam
    What Audio Note amp are you using ? I am using an Oto se..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Hi Brumjam
    What Audio Note amp are you using ? I am using an Oto se..
    Hi Ninanina. It's an Oto SE Phono Signature.

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    It's strange. I don't remember these as aggressive, just very lucid and immediate. Maybe aging crossover components were affecting yours prior to the rebuild. Glad it's worked out for you. They must surely be an appreciating asset now.

My old H6's were a tad lively, the H7's could strip wallpaper- l am getting them back soon.... watch this space ( The H6's that is)
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    My old H6's were a tad lively, the H7's could strip wallpaper- l am getting them back soon.... watch this space ( The H6's that is)
    Will those be in place of your Harbeth's Andy, or just something for the weekend Sir?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I agree!
    Barry

I'm Lee.

They look great James, Paul's done a fantastic job for sure
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

montesquieu Guest

Lovely! And a nice match with the amp, I'm sure.

I'm Paul.

Guys

these were far from pleasant to listen to as standard and there were no "ageing" crossover components needing replacing as they used poly caps. The crossover was, shall we say, far from optimal, and measurement showed these to be between 6 and 10dB lifted between 2 and 3kHz. They would have made your ears bleed. Most H2s I've listened to were similar but not quite as forward. The character of the speakers has been maintained and the strengths (immediacy and dynamic response) are still there, but that mid range has been reigned in, off axis performance very much improved and HF smoothed out considerably. As James has hinted at, they are improved over standard. I wish you many years of enjoyment from them James

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brumjam View Post
    Will those be in place of your Harbeth's Andy, or just something for the weekend Sir?
    The H6's were my old ones that my Father-In -Law had from me years ago, well he no longer uses them, so l will have them back and try my Virtue Audio Sensation M451 with them, a pairing that l reckon could be spectacular or terrible, so if they are good ( and l would like to keep them in the family so to speak.)

Er, no they will not be repalcing my Harbs, from memory the H6's were quite coloured, hence trying the Sensation ( on batteries ) which sound very, very clean, so l will become a two system daftee.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast