+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: turntable isolation

I'm peter.

What strikes me is the lack of objective measurement for these devices. No reviewer bothers to test either decks or supports for degree of isolation. You might ask yourself why.
    The result is that all sorts of claims go unverified.....I've used sorbothane in a 'sandwich' but it's no more than vaguely helpful if you have serious isolation issues. To my ears, well isolated decks have a characteristically 'calm' sound, poorly isolated decks often sound coarser. This is then described as 'more alive' or similar.
    Objective tests would solve this issue, and make clear where the truth lay, but I am not holding my breath. Too many vested interests.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by paskinn View Post
    What strikes me is the lack of objective measurement for these devices. No reviewer bothers to test either decks or supports for degree of isolation. You might ask yourself why.
    The result is that all sorts of claims go unverified.....I've used sorbothane in a 'sandwich' but it's no more than vaguely helpful if you have serious isolation issues. To my ears, well isolated decks have a characteristically 'calm' sound, poorly isolated decks often sound coarser. This is then described as 'more alive' or similar.
    Objective tests would solve this issue, and make clear where the truth lay, but I am not holding my breath. Too many vested interests.
    And how would you propose to do an objective test?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12