+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gday!

I'm Adrian.

Default Gday!

Holas all

I stumbled across this site looking for some schoolin on SUTs (yes - that bugbear ) and thought I'd say hello.

Looks like a grand place this, with a helpful check-your-ego-at-the-door approach. Nice!

My systems' detailed below (hopefully) and my listening consists of mainly jazz (e.g ammons, silver, b evans, burrell, baker, getz, brubeck, davis, coltrane, peterson etc) and classical (still learning here, but bach, beethoven, boccherini etc), a smattering of soul, blues and reggae, electronic (mainly german and canadian minimal/dubby tech, tech-house etc) and misc pop/rock. Quite varied actually.

Other than that, I'm an aussie lawyer working in dublin with a german gf with a vinyl addiction that's seriously starting to go overboard.

Anyways, off to hit the charity shops!

Cheers
    Adrian

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

And hello Adrian - you should fit in just fine - as a recentish addition myself just getting stuck in is the best advice!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Nick.

Great music taste, Adrian. Bill Evans (my favourite Jazz pianist) and Canadian minimal tech-house! I assume you're into Akufen / Marc Leclair? If not, then definitely check out his first long player, 'My Way'. Minimal glitch-tastic micro-sampling stuff. Addictive indeed!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Adrian.

Thanks for the welcome, lads. Will def get stuck in.

Re: canadian minimal/tech - I came across a bit of Akufen back in the day - I think his fabric set and his stuff on hawtin's de9. Perhaps a bit too glitchy for me, but will check out My Way. Thanks for the tip.

For some reason I had it my mind that stewart walker, sutekh and geoff white were canadians. Shame on me! Some good stuff there - particularly THX - experiments in synchonicity, which is one of my all time electronic faves. Other minimal/tech goodies I like is from benjamin wild, dub taylor, tom clark, antonelli electr, steve bug, (basically the morris, force, pokerflat, italic labels). All throwbacks to a more hedonistic time in my life.

Funnily enough, B Evans is also my fav' jazz pianist. Waltz for debby, particularly, has been getting a serious workout here of late and I'm really gutted that I missed out on the analogue productions' 45rpm of waltz (and chet). Another that's been getting a work out is Peterson's we get requests - beautiful sounds, really well recorded and dynamic as all hell!

Cheers
    Adrian

+ Reply to Thread