+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SDS IosoPlatMat on the way!

I'm Michael.

Default SDS IosoPlatMat on the way!

I have looked at it long enough, it was time to pull the trigger. Topped with my cork mat I am expecting good things from my SL1200 MKII.
    Michael
    AT33PTG/II> VPI Scout> Lehman Black Cube Statment> Jolida BR202> Martian Logan Motion 40> My happy ear.

I'm Andrei.

Let us know how you get on Michael. I'm not obsessive about clamps but I suspect that if you are running two mats you would benefit from a decent clamp.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Michael.

My TT is on a slow upgrade program. A clamp may be in the future. Still to go,
    KAB Tonearm rewire
    Fluid dampener
    Isone feet
    Paint job
    Michael
    AT33PTG/II> VPI Scout> Lehman Black Cube Statment> Jolida BR202> Martian Logan Motion 40> My happy ear.

I'm Anthony.

I've just ordered a SDS isoplatmat too.... And I was also planning to get a cork mat - the one with dots on it to elevate the Lp off the mat - from the eBay vendor Hernand. Overall the mat is 3.36mm thick , so with a SDS isoplatmat it will about the same as original technics thick mat ....its also 287mm diameter...... So a good fit with the SDS I think...
    Still considering which is the best option but I think I'm leaning towards cork.....was wondering about the achromat but it's much more expensive.
    My system:

Kenwood KD600/ Alphason HR100S MCS/ Audio Technica ATOC9Mk3 or Technics SL1210/ KAB bearing mod/KAB TD1200 fluid damper/Sumiko HS12 headshell/ Audio Technica ATOC9Mk2

Icon Audio PS3Mk2 phono stage (or Primare R32 phono stage plus Beyerdynamic SUT), KAB RF-1 rumble filter, Icon audio LA4 Mk3 preamp, Icon Audio MB90Mk2m mono blocks, Solid Tech Rack of Silence 4, Tannoy Glenair 10 speakers, Nordost Leif series Red dawn and Blue heaven interconnects, Neotech 3002 speaker cables

I'm Michael.

Default It arrived sooner than I thought

I noticed a difference right away. Already on side three of the Allman Brothers Live at the Fillmore East, everything just seems a little tighter and clear. I am very satisfied with my purchase! I have a 3mm original Technics mat from KAB on the way to top it off. I expect it will be a nice combo. I was hesitant to top the IsoPlatMat with a Herbies as it may dampen a little too much and muddle the sound.

IsoPlatMat, Highly Recommended!
    Michael

I'm Lynton.

I was hesitant to top the IsoPlatMat with a Herbies as it may dampen a little too much and muddle the sound.
    Not in my opinion, it is the combo I use. As I said in another thread, a Resomat or Achromat as others recommend may well be better and I haven't tried those but I have also tried a 1mm butyl rubber and a 2mm dense foam in combo with the SDS and IMO the Herbies is definitely superior to those. No trace of muddiness or over dampening. So to be clear, I'm not specifically saying the Herbies is best in combo with the SDS, simply that it is very good and doesn't have the negatives you are concerned about.
    Lyn

+ Reply to Thread