+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

Default Hello

My obligatory hello.
    Hello Gents. Glad to meetcha. The SL1200 posts are a real attraction to me. Nice to find a sane conversation going on without having to defend.

I have a small bunch of pages which tracks my audio progress: http://home.comcast.net/~omaille/audio/home.html

I am a picture posting maniac:

I like to take inexpensive equipment and DIY it.

My preference for sound is taxtile presence up rill I just used my first set of Mundorf silver oil. A change from the Obbligatos and Jupiters. Been using PRP and Riken resistors and just tried my first set of Caddock and nude Vishay. A sea change is underway.

Anyway, the place looks great and I expect to have a lot of fun learning from you guys.

I'm ILOB.

Welcome Pat Just checked out the site some nice gear
    What music do you enjoy
    Well plenty to get stuck into and sure people can learn from your experiences too
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Welcome Pat, interesting kit you've got there - assume you're in the US? Interesting room, is it a converted garage or something? Anyway - lots of DIYers on here as you have probably all seen, and we're all a bit different (in a good way!)
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Nick.

That is a gorgeous picture of your turntable. Thank you for sharing it! Here's looking forward to seeing a few more
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Welcome Pat.Mundorf Silver/Oil are nice caps,but the best caps I've ever heard are SCR Teflons.Difficult to describe,just more "right" than anything else I've heard so far,and yes bloody expensive! Worth it though I think.

+ Reply to Thread