+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thaddeussmith's simple system

I'm Michael.

Default Thaddeussmith's simple system

Long time lurker, especially of Mika K's thread *drool*.

I've finally solidified my system for the foreseeable future, so I figured I would finally post it up. I'm going to stick with this for a year or more and let it bake in.. maybe now I can focus on paint and carpet in this room. The speakers are about 8ft apart and 7.5ft from the listening position. The room is only about 10x20 and is a part of my detached garage. At least I can play it loud at all hours of the night without waking my family (and I don't have any neighbors). I'm actually still playing with time alignment of the drivers on top of the cabinet, so they've already moved since taking that picture.

'83 Cornwalls, in custom DBB cabinets (only one woofer being used) with Aletheia Audio made crossovers (Jupiter flat stack caps, wax impregnated coils and autotransformers blah blah, teflon coated wire blah blah)

2010 MacBook Pro running Roon. SSD, 8GB RAM, ethernet, blah blah

Schiit Gungnir with USB Gen2 module. BJC interconnects.

Custom dual mono SEP amp from Maynard.

Flexy Rack made using 3/8" threaded rod and Ikea chopping boards

I'm Barry.

Hey Michael nice to see a TNT Flexi - your setup looks very interesting. Any chance of some shots of the whole system in one pic?
    I'm jealous of the garage and no neighbour combo - that's a great place to be

Barry
    ..all the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff...

Frank Zappa

I'm Michael.

i'll try! it's a long and narrow room and I don't have a lens wide enough to capture it all at once, so I'll need to do a "panoramic" shot with my iphone.

+ Reply to Thread