Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    answer machine
    answer machine
    answer machine
    answer machine
    answer machine
    answer machine
    answer machine

infuriating! i only have a personal mobile number for him and i dont want to give that out without asking him first... not that you would be able to get hold of him anyway:

answer machine
    answer machine
    answer machine
    answer machine
    answer machine

i hate the bloody things... anyway i have texted him ... il get back to you, when he gets back to me!
    Hi Hamish

Are you trying to call the The Veneer Workshop?

It is a small but very busy company and as a result Steve can be a little tricky to get hold off. If you leave a message he should come back to you.

You could always try emailing him steve dot price5@btconnect dot com

I have to admit I experienced the same, but when I did manage to speak to him I found him very helpful.

I collected my veneer from his workshop and was amazed by the amount of veneer he stocks...floor to ceiling!

Richard

I'm David.

no, an old mate of mine...
    cheers though
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

He could be one and the same?

I'm Confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripmaster View Post
    If you fancy having a go at veneering....... I'll be happy to provide some tips if required.
    Richard
    Hi Richard,
    I'm looking for a couple of tips: -
    What adhesive do you use to stick the veneer to the underlying wood? and,
    How do you get a 45 degree chanfer on something so thin and fragile when you need to 'seemlessly' join 2 shhets at right angles
    Mine is a very simple project: covering some shelves in my 'sideboard'/hi-fi unit that I added myself in oak veneered MDF but which don't match the other shelves.
    Thanks for any advice.
    Cheers,
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    Hi Richard,
    I'm looking for a couple of tips: -
    What adhesive do you use to stick the veneer to the underlying wood? and,
    How do you get a 45 degree chanfer on something so thin and fragile when you need to 'seemlessly' join 2 shhets at right angles
    Mine is a very simple project: covering some shelves in my 'sideboard'/hi-fi unit that I added myself in oak veneered MDF but which don't match the other shelves.
    Thanks for any advice.
    Cheers,
    Hi Dave

Yes no problem, but I'm a bit busy tonight. I'll post a youtube video which you may find is easier to understand.

Richard

I used Alpha Thixo-thix contact adhesive.

I was told this was about the best, and it does give you a degree of adjustability just after the two surfaces meet. I would recommend having the veneer on top of shelf over lapping the edge strip. Applying the veneers this way will insure you don't catch an edge when removing a book or CD. If you need to add a 45 degree chamfer, just use a piece of 240 grit sandpaper wrapped around a block of wood. Hold the sanding block at 45 degrees and lightly sand from the top of the shelf.

Are you just taking the edge off?

Richard
    Last edited by Tripmaster; 10-09-2009 at 21:42. Reason: spelling mistake

I'm ChrisB.

Just as an aside, I wonder what on earth our US friends will think of the title of this thread ?(and what assumptions will they make about you, Hamish ? - better put a stop to any rumours now!!!!)

Hehehehe....................

I'm Nick.

Yeah, I wondered that myself!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm David.

Well he's a good looking chap... And I do hear that men make the best lovers for men - what with having the apropriate equipment to practice on...
    Unfortunatly though for those that way inclinded I my self do no paractice in such activitys! The only men to touch me there are my doctors and danjennings. An dan Jennings only because once, much inebriated i hasten to had, I needed to operate my mobile phone whilst smikeing and going for a wee. At the time the logical thing to so was to ask dan to hold it for me... In hiend sight perhaps asking him to hold the cigaret might have been the better option, but he was a crazy chain smoker, and he prob would hve smoked it.... And I think I fugured there was less Chance of him smoking what I did give him to hold!
    Last edited by The Vinyl Adventure; 10-09-2009 at 21:33.
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Just as an aside, I wonder what on earth our US friends will think of the title of this thread ?(and what assumptions will they make about you, Hamish ? - better put a stop to any rumours now!!!!)

Hehehehe....................
    What could you mean?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast