+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My system.....

I'm Timothy.

Matt, fantastic looking setup there! If it sounds good to you, leave it be, relax and just enjoy it! Nice room too!

I'm Andras.

stunning!
    Firstwatt J2, AN-J LX HE, Lampizator L4G5.

I'm Steven.

Very nice indeed. I used a Jota for 2 years with the EML 300BXLS and Tom upgraded it with silver wire, two extra pairs of RCA inputs and with remote control on the volume. It is a magnificent amp.

Unfortunately I fell in love with 86dB speakers (which don't have your radar attachments) and the Jota can't drive them properly, so currently using rebuilt Concerto mono blocks in triode mode.

I haven't put the Jota up for sale yet, but if anyone reading this is still drooling over Eddie's .... let me know.
    Wilson, Devialet, Innuos, Puritan, Claro

I'm Andy.

That folks is a proper hifi system.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Matthew.

Quote Originally Posted by SLS View Post
    Very nice indeed. I used a Jota for 2 years with the EML 300BXLS and Tom upgraded it with silver wire, two extra pairs of RCA inputs and with remote control on the volume. It is a magnificent amp.

Unfortunately I fell in love with 86dB speakers (which don't have your radar attachments) and the Jota can't drive them properly, so currently using rebuilt Concerto mono blocks in triode mode.

I haven't put the Jota up for sale yet, but if anyone reading this is still drooling over Eddie's .... let me know.
    Cheers for the comments everyone.

Steven, that's interesting, I have a pair of EML 300BXLS for when these KRs snuff it! They were very good when I ran them with my NAF 300b.

In the long term, I'm considering silvering up my kit with Tom and perhaps fitting extra inputs. That way, I could run a digital source direct, along with a dedicated phono rather than the preamp I'm currently using.

For now, though, I think the next step for me is a service on the Garrard and a new tonearm. Any suggestions welcome and I'll probably start a thread on it soon anyway.

Cheers.

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by eddieedwards View Post
    Cheers for the comments everyone.

Steven, that's interesting, I have a pair of EML 300BXLS for when these KRs snuff it! They were very good when I ran them with my NAF 300b.

In the long term, I'm considering silvering up my kit with Tom and perhaps fitting extra inputs. That way, I could run a digital source direct, along with a dedicated phono rather than the preamp I'm currently using.

For now, though, I think the next step for me is a service on the Garrard and a new tonearm. Any suggestions welcome and I'll probably start a thread on it soon anyway.

Cheers.
    That's what I was going to discuss.

I've now got a single RCA line input into the Vinyl 1, which I use for my DAC, and I use the mm and mc inputs from my turntable. The DAC (also from Tom) has transport, airplay and NAS going into it. It all works rather well.

I've got the volume on the Vinyl 1, but you have it on the Jota.

I also have an extra gain adjuster on the mc output on the back of the Vinyl 1. Tom will be measuring the preferred position and replacing with a resistor.

The new pre-amp bits in the Vinyl 1 are passive, but he may wire is with some gain per the Conductor. So I've ended up with a passive mm/mc pre-amp. Tom rather likes it given most of the connections these days are into a DAC rather than an analogue pre-amp. All he's got to do is give it a name.

p.s.s That's the benefit of K.I.S.S. audio components.
    Wilson, Devialet, Innuos, Puritan, Claro

I'm Matthew.

It's been a while since I've updated this and there's been a few changes. Out with the Art Audio, in with the Leben (and AN arm, ZYX, S&B SUT)!

I'm Grant.

Looks super.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

Flippin' 'eck, that looks lovely. I love Leben gear ... bet it sounds wonderful. I should imagine the 401 drives it along really nicely.

I'm Matthew.

Quote Originally Posted by petrat View Post
    Flippin' 'eck, that looks lovely. I love Leben gear ... bet it sounds wonderful. I should imagine the 401 drives it along really nicely.
    I do love my 401, from a sonic perspective as well as visual and the ease of use. I think the phono was once your's wasn't it Peter? I bought it off Greg. TBH, I'd love to know how your Leben power amp compares to the integrated, I bet it was (is?) magic with the Shindo?

I have to say that I'm happier than I've ever been with the sound now. The ZYX (0.24mv) seems nicely dialled in to the TX103s at 1:20 and I find it lively enough for me and never tiring, yet plenty of detail without any brightness. The Cadence speakers give a huge, room filling sound too (fugly though).

I notice you've got the HM-3s and I do sometimes wonder how the TX103 might compare. I'm unsure whether to get the SUT prettily boxed and rewired, but the cost of that, plus the original cost of the SUTs are similar to just buying some HM3s and getting them boxed up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast