+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prometheus

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by agk View Post
    Whoa there! Summer Glau is Fit (note the capital F) and a whole bunch of other fine things. The Weaver is ok but that jaw man, it just ain't right.

Seem to be going off topic here into realms better suited to the folk in an American Indian accommodation named forum.
    The ghost of Mary Whitehouse is alive and well!
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Grant.

Looks like I was the only one who hated it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I believe I sort of rubbished it too Grant. It wasn't up to much really! (in my opinion of course)
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mike.

No you're not !
    I thought it was disappointing, tending to bollocks
    Alien remade, not so well with great SFX
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I watched it - and have to say have forgotten what most of it was about. Must have been good! But there again, maybe it warrants a second viewing.
    Barry

I'm Andrew.

It took me a couple of watches to get it straight in my addled brain but it's well worth it if you are a fan of the Alien series of films.
    As a prequel it sets things up nicely.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    I was eagerly awaiting the TV showing of Prometheus last night. I did enjoy the film but thought it slightly disappointing and I was confused by the beginning.
    Who was the big guy standing by Victoria Falls, what was he doing there and what did he eat ? It, obviously, didn't agree with him but what was it all about ?

Dave, the screenplay went through loads of messing up and the editing did even more, so the basic 'plot' was diluted. The young Engineer at the beginning wasn't alone originally and the ending when the awoken Engineer was being 'impregnated' by 'Cuddles' the giant squid-thingy was shortened a bit as well... As for the Deacon, it wasn't supposed to be related to the Alien we all know and love. The second film should help to stitch it all together and it's been rumoured that Alian 3 and 4 will be all but forgotten as neither are really classed as 'canon..'

Loads here, if you wish to find out more -

http://www.prometheus2-movie.com/
    Last edited by DSJR; 13-05-2015 at 18:24.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Jerry.

Got to say I am eagerly awaiting this: http://www.theguardian.com/film/film...gs-to-hope-for
    If it is half as good as the original it will be worth watching.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Richard.

You are not alone.
    ABD.

I'm Alex.

Prometheus was a massive disappointment for me. I have been a huge fan of Ridley Scott's visual style, but the script in this movie was so weak, the plot so disjointed and much of the acting was so poor it just completely took me out of the suspension of disbelief. The visual effects were 'ok' I suppose. I did actually enjoy it a bit more while watching it on TV last week, but still, it wasn't great.

I suspect I will still go to see Prometheus 2 / Alien x because a) I've got a short memory b) I would really love someone to make the definitive Alien-themed movie (apart from Alien itself, of course)
    Technics SL1210| Jelco SA-750| Benz Micro ACE SM MC| Squeezebox Touch/MCRU linear PSU | Cambridge Audio 851C | High Resolution Music Streamer II+ / Linestreamer+ | Raspberry Pi 2/IQ-Audio DAC+ / Max2Play | Conrad-Johnson ET3 Control Amplifier| Conrad-Johnson LP125sa KT120 Power Amplifier| Avalon NP Evo 2.0 Speakers| Cardas Audio Quadlink-5C Speaker Cables and Interconnects| Finite Elemente Pagode Signature E-14 equipment support

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast