+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lenco GL75 Tonearm

I'm James.

Default Lenco GL75 Tonearm

Any Lenco GL75 owners out there recommend alternative arm to use with GL75 - are there any magic combinations, do some arms suit the Lenco better than others?

My stock arm is knackered and bent on my Lenco GL75 so I am forced to go down alternative route.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Andr'e.

I don't believe in modding classic units but Just measure the arm mount centre to Turntable bearing centre you can then choose what to fit..

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Any Lenco GL75 owners out there recommend alternative arm to use with GL75 - are there any magic combinations, do some arms suit the Lenco better than others?

My stock arm is knackered and bent on my Lenco GL75 so I am forced to go down alternative route.
    I should have a lenco arm in the shed Jim if you need one. Doubt I will ever need it now....yours for postage
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I should have a lenco arm in the shed Jim if you need one. Doubt I will ever need it now....yours for postage
    Cheers Grant, that's very kind of you. I will let you know when I get round to renovating the Lenco. Not sure if I am skilled enough to completely service mine so may send up to Dominic at Northwest analogue.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Grant.

Cheers Grant, that's very kind of you. I will let you know when I get round to renovating the Lenco. Not sure if I am skilled enough to completely service mine so may send up to Dominic at Northwest analogue.
    No bother; I think It is still there. It was fettled so in decent condition
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

A visit to Lenco Heaven may tell you what arms can be substituted. If my memory serves me right, I believe Linn arms may be a 'drop in' fit.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

FFS fellas!!! You have a great horizontal bearing, all the bias bits ready to go and if you really do think the original arm assembly isn't up to it, then please don't wait for me to have twenty quid spare to buy one, but send the arm-beam complete to Speedy Steve to see if he can fabricate something simpler, more modern and hopefully better sounding. Desmo 'V' blocks are probably mandatory to any refurbishment and I remember a repaired L75 arm tracking a DL110 very well indeed!

So there!
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Paul.

Do you mean that the armtube is bent? or is the rear end sagging? If it is the latter there is a simple solution using cotton thread or dental floss and glue. As mentioned earlier Lenco Heaven is the best source for information on these turntables.

I have a couple of Lencos but I was having problems getting my latest project to sound right with a LAD/Jelco tonearm. Yesterday I fitted that arm to an earlier Lenco project that I was going to lend to my brother in law, it is now sounding excellent and I am considering keeping it. A few Lenco owners are using Jelco tonearms but this would require modifications to the Lenco top plate.
    Paul

I'm Jason.

Linns are a drop in fit. Mine sports an Audiomods very nicely with a reworked top plate and arm board.
    ----------------------
    Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do - you'll be a mile away. And have his shoes.

Wavy grooves go thru a RigB 540ML on an SL1500C. Digits stream from a cheapie CDP and a Sonos, into a Yamaha 803D driving Kralk Audio little 'uns. I used to have a Linn but I'm better now.

I'm Richard.

Ortofon AS-212 sounding good on my L75. The stock arm was absolute pants in comparison (with end stub sag fixed with kite string & glue, and new DIY metal vblocks) - L75/as212/DV Karat has currently replaced my LP12/774/Asaka - not sure it's better yet, but it is a different deck compared to stock arm and dl110!

Linn are also direct fit.

+ Reply to Thread