+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie from Michigan

I'm Jay.

Default Newbie from Michigan

Hello,
    My name is Jay and I am located in Holland Michigan. Currently I am trying to restore a Sansui AU-999. I also have a Sansui 9090 receiver with Sansui SP2500X speakers and a G9000 receivers with Yamaha NS1000M speakers. I love the big Sansui G9000 with the Yamahas. My wife inherited an ADCOM GFA 585 amp and SUNFIRE THEATER GRAND PROCESSOR III with KLIPSCH RF7 but I like the sound of my Sansui better. I listen to mostly classic rock and this system works well for that. I want to become competent at restoring these old receivers and amps because I enjoy the sound and I appreciate the craftsmanship.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Jay. Welcome to AOS.

Nice classic Sansui amplifier the AU-999. I've always fancied try one, but not had the pleasure yet. I'm imagining it could work rather well with the NS-1000M speakers.

We have members here who have renovated a lot of vintage audio. I'm sure they'd be happy to discuss this with you.

I'd suggest starting a thread in the Past Masters section and explaining what you intend.

I certainly would be interested in seeing photos of this project and any others you may have in progress. There is a Gallery where these can be posted.

Tell us what music you listen to.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Welcome to AoS Jay
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm martin.

Howdy and welcome jay, enjoy the forum.
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Jay.

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread