+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's been a long time and the system is rather different.

I'm Geoff.

Default It's been a long time and the system is rather different.

Sony TTS8000, Garrard 401, Nakamichi CA7 pre, Bryston BDA2 DAC, SBT, Nakamichi PA7 power and the Keith Monks.

The view from the listening position. No fancy photos here but you get the gist.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Shane.

Rega Planet...Good choice!

S.

I'm Mike.

Looks great Geoff. Very envious of that Sony TT.
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Grant.

nice seat
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

The seat needs welding. I only have it there for sport as it collapses as soon as it's sat on!
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.

I'm Andy.

The listening position looks great Geoff.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Grant.

I am on the look out for a nice big seat. My hip is killing me sitting on the couch lol...ment to say the gear aint half bad either....especially the Naks
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I am on the look out for a nice big seat. My hip is killing me sitting on the couch lol...ment to say the gear aint half bad either....especially the Naks
    The Nakamichi amps are superb Grant. A Nelson Pass design for Threshold, licensed by Nakamichi and £3k a piece in 1988. Top notch phono stage within with variable gain, loading and capacitance on external switches. I am reliably informed that Nakamichi used the 801's to voice the amps so they seem a superb match. They're fully serviced and re-capped too.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I owned these amps (CA7 and PA5mk2 to be precise). The PA7 will be great for the 801's (I know them as well in comparison with KEF 105 and 'Briks of the period prior to single-speaker dem rooms), but I think you'd be very surprised by a preamp upgrade one day. I was bowled flat by an ARC SP9 and SP14 in direct comparison (fine cachet but equalled in sonics by cheaper preamps by Croft for example and this was 1989 or so). Blame hifi dave for it - I didn't believe him either
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Geoff.

What I discovered Dave was that in the size of the room that I now have the Nakamichi and 801 combination just works. I have tried various pre amps and phono stages but always come back to the CA7. I often think that other pre amps are more revealing and immediately impressive but if I keep listening I begin to appreciate that the CA7 reveals just as much but in a more subtle way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast