+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Grant.

That's big
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Yup!

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    had an akai amp and tape deck.. amp was better than you would have thought
    Still using my akai amp in my office set up, my first amp bought early '80's.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Geoff.

More pocket money spent. Amp and speakers on the way.

Akai AM-A202

Eagle DL67

The amp is just a bit of fun and yes, I have already got a pair of these Eagle speakers. They are the ones with top notch Coral drivers inside. I want two pairs of the bass/mid (full range) drivers.

I'm Geoff.

Forearms are itching. Just been stripping a pair of speakers with glass fibre inside. Should have pulled the lagging out first!

Got some nice drive units though.

I'm Geoff.

Well that's a turn up.

The old Akai AM-A202 integrated amp I bought just for a bit of fun arrived today. I expected it to sound OK, but it's way better than that. It sounds remarkably good, if anything I suspect it edges the Cambridge P60 I also got recently and that a good'n too. The Akai is doing a great job with the KEF Corellis. Phono stage is decent. It seems punchy and clean, nicely transparent and tight bass too. Result!

I think it dates from around 1980, sliders, graphic equaliser and all.

I'm Grant.

good news... The one I had was a good one too.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Very spoilt for choice now. Something may have to go. Probably later than sooner though.

I'm Grant.

guessing there is no rush, and why should their be mate. if you need room you can always sell a cartridge
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Looks a lot like the Fisher 'Studio Sound' gear from around the same era. They often had a five band eq on them. I wonder if there was ever a connection?

Some of those Jap brands were not that big in reality and I suspect they contracted out a lot of the budget stuff to OEM. Alan Sugar sort of hints at it in his book but he doesn't outright say it.

Brand engineering before they had a name for it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread