+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 117 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Geoff.

I'm Geoff.

I've just realised that I'm listening to the music now rather than the system. That's always a good sign.

(playing a bit of Richie Havens now)

I'm Geoff.

It seems I now own yet another pair of Tannoy speakers (my 23rd pair). These little things:

The i6 AW model. Horrible 'all weather' (hence the 'AW') plastic enclosures that impart some dreadful colourations. But inside, should be a pair of the 1678 drivers and crossovers, as employed in the System 600 cabinets. Very sweet sounding things. Like these:

I'll need to rehouse them in some decent boxes. It's the third pair of i6 speakers I've had. I just hope these don't have the alternative ICT drivers in, but I doubt they have.

I'm Grant.

here's hoping geoff...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Found a (not very good) piccie with grilles off.

Here's the System 600 for comparison.

I'm Grant.

look very similar. drivers alone as spares will be worth a fair bit. wonder if seller ever had fronts off
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    look very similar. drivers alone as spares will be worth a fair bit. wonder if seller ever had fronts off
    If I recall, the grilles are hard to remove. Probably in order to keep the speakers hard wearing in demanding situations.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I've just realised that I'm listening to the music now rather than the system. That's always a good sign.

(playing a bit of Richie Havens now)
    Reminds me of his stint at Woodstock. He came on stage playing (ATTACKING! his guitar!) and 'ended' just wandering off into the field, still playing.

(Just played it - I can 'see' that field on my speakers - or beyond them! (Ocellia Calliopes)
    Chris.

I'm Stephen.

Used to have the P110. It was ok but not as gutsy as its 55w suggested (decent output in those days).
    Crikey, when I think of some the “icons” i used to own - Tannoy Chatsworths, Ferrograph and Leak amps, Lenco GL75, Quad 57s, Maggie 2.5 ribbons . . .
    Current kit :
    Music library (FLAC) on IMac or streamed via Qobuz. Fed wirelessly to Raspberry Pi / Allo Digione and into Lyngdorf digital amplification. This handles room correction and drives a pair of Quad 2905 electrostatics.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Liffy99 View Post
    Crikey, when I think of some the “icons” i used to own - Tannoy Chatsworths, Ferrograph and Leak amps, Lenco GL75, Quad 57s, Maggie 2.5 ribbons . . .
    Yes. I've owned all those and many, many more, apart from the Maggies.

+ Reply to Thread