+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 117 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I gave the system half an hour to warm up and now I'm giving the KEF Corellis a blast with a bit of June Tabor. Sounds bloody amazing. The big Tannoys are still having a 'holiday' while I've got these little beggars wired up .

I find it remarkable that a pair of comparatively inexpensive old speakers can turn out this kind of sound quality.

The Corellis do have a reputation as being a bit of a 'sleeper' and being familiar with all the old 'C' and 'Reference' ranges of KEF's, I'd say that's correct. The imaging and mid lucidity are similar to the LS3/5a, but there's actually some effective and solid bass too.

Interesting review here: http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/bas/0908/

Next thing Corellis will be fetching LS3/5a prices! Keep your mouth shut

S.

I'm Geoff.

Next, I'll start banging on about the old Trio KA-2000a amplifier from the early seventies. An unsung hero if ever there was one.

Actually, that's given me a thought, one of those would be great with the Corellis. Now what's a cheap but excellent sounding CD player. Most would say such a thing doesn't exist, but it does. The ADC CD2000e!
    Last edited by walpurgis; 03-12-2017 at 15:55.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shane.

In a ''Janet Street-Porter'' style......SHUT UP!!

S.

I'm Alan.

I'm Geoff.

Another pair of KEF Corellis just gone to an appreciative owner.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kef-Corel...vip=true&rt=nc

I know who bought these. It's my buddy with the Creek Destiny 2 that I was using last week and showed on this thread. He enjoyed the sound of my Corellis.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shane.

Blimey, did some arse inject steroids to the price! 2-4 years ago, I used to see Corellis selling for £70-130.

S.

I'm Geoff.

Most are not in mint condition. I've seen higher prices asked though and he doesn't have to pay shipping, as he can collect.

I'm Shane.

Well, I've seen mint examples selling way below £100. But this memory is going back to around 2013. I predict another rip-off ebay price brewing for the Corellis future.

S.

I'm Geoff.

Just ordered a Sjostrom Audio DC blocker.

http://sjostromaudio.net/shop/mains-...uilt-unit.html

I'm hoping it will keep transformer buzz down. I expect it provides a degree of protection to transformers too.

I've got one piece of equipment with a noisy transformer and I had a power amp mains transformer fail not long ago.

I'm Mike.

Great choice! Built and installed mine a couple of weeks ago, works perfectly and my big fat power amp is now quiet as a mouse!

+ Reply to Thread