+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 117 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Geoff.

Blimey!

I've just put my ADC 26 into my Mission 774 arm after not having heard one for quite a while.

I'd forgotten how astonishingly good these cartridges are. They're virtually impossible to use in most arms because of the extremely high 60cu compliance. The 774 copes OK though. The sound is big, refined, uncoloured, truly transparent and enormously detailed. Very superior to what most MM cartridge users ever experience (OK technically it's an induced magnet cart). We're in the same territory as some pretty good MCs here. This really is pretty special, a superb sound.

The 26 definitely seems somewhat ahead of the excellent ADC 10E Mk.IV which is similar in design (and I like very much), but has lower compliance.

I just tried my spare ADC 27 stylus in the 26 (they are interchangeable). The 27's compliance is marginally lower. It sounded identical to me.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shane.

What 45 record is that, Geoff?

S.

I'm Grant.

Looks mean and moody mate. Nice deck too......but try a record next time, they sound slightly better
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Looks mean and moody mate. Nice deck too......but try a record next time, they sound slightly better
    Nothing wrong with that 45. It was Joni Mtchell 'Chinese Cafe', a very nice pressing even on a 45. I'd been playing some 12" Eat Static singles prior to that. Very fine.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Just substituted my JVC Z1S fitted with Z1E stylus. Normally I rate this cart highly, but after the ADC 26, everything just sounded smaller, flatter, more opaque and more closed in. Just shows how vastly capable the ADC 26 is, as the JVC is no slouch.

I'm only using the 26 to make sure all is as it should be prior to selling it, but I may be having second thoughts now.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Just substituted my JVC Z1S fitted with Z1E stylus. Normally I rate this cart highly, but after the ADC 26, everything just sounded smaller, flatter, more opaque and more closed in. Just shows how vastly capable the ADC 26 is, as the JVC is no slouch.

I'm only using the 26 to make sure all is as it should be prior to selling it, but I may be having second thoughts now.
    I feel another sale approaching
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I feel another sale approaching
    I shall try a couple more ADCs tonight and see.

I'm Grant.

Whats a good price for a 774 geoff
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Whats a good price for a 774 geoff
    If you can get one for less than £200 these days, you're doing OK Grant. People are beginning to latch on to these and prices will continue rising. Who know's, they may eventually get the kind of cult following the LS3/3a has (except the 774 is more worthy )

I'm Grant.

A bit steep for me I think, good arm or not..... eye will keep my I open
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 117 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast