+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Thread: Whatever Next?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    odd as you say. maybe wiring somewhere?
    Dunno. A bit of delving should throw some light on things. I'll have another tinker later.

Quite chuffed with the M75ED 2. As I say it came with the second TT and is perfect. The Shures sell for more than I paid for the whole lot.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Dunno. A bit of delving should throw some light on things. I'll have another tinker later.

Quite chuffed with the M75ED 2. As I say it came with the second TT and is perfect. The Shures sell for more than I paid for the whole lot.
    Just put my Rotel RP 1500 on M75ED-2 & M44E both look like new never been used.
    The RP1500 has just gone out with a puff of smoke...
    Last edited by dantheman91; 03-08-2017 at 16:44.
    Main System: Yamaha CR-820 Receiver & Musical Fidelity E50 Tuner & Pioneer PD S505 Precision CD Player & Mission 770 Freedom Speakers + Linn Interconnects & Van Den Hul The Wind hybrid Speaker Cable
    Vinyl -
    Rega Planer 2 with Rega Britain Green 250 Tonearm & Upgraded Van Den Hul Oil Bearing & Ortofon Super OM-10.

Second System:
    Technics - SU-C909U Pre-Amplifier & SE-A909S Power Amplifier & Technics ST-GT 1000 Tuner & Marantz CD67 Original SE CD player & Thorens TD-125 MK1 Turntable & SME 3009 Series 1 & Shure V15 Type II Cartridge & SME 2000 Plinth & Celestion A compact Speakers

I'm Martin.

Well can only be the motor, that's the only thing on a TT that has the magic smoke in it.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200 with Sumiko h/s & Nagaoka MP50 * Firebottle valve MM phono stage * Parasound CDPi1000 * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm Grant.

or it was a 120v
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.7- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS. - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP. -AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - TANDBERG TCD310 CASS - CARTS.. ACD xlm mk1 integra, AT95SA Shibata, SHURE N55 SAS, SHURE M55E original, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

I'm Martin.

Or that
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200 with Sumiko h/s & Nagaoka MP50 * Firebottle valve MM phono stage * Parasound CDPi1000 * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm Dan.

[QUOTE=Macca;886035]Well can only be the motor, that's the only thing on a TT that has the magic smoke in it.[/QUOTE

Cheers Martin A shame a really nice unit thats still boxed and was never used this is the second time i have used it then this...

Thanks
    Dan
    Main System: Yamaha CR-820 Receiver & Musical Fidelity E50 Tuner & Pioneer PD S505 Precision CD Player & Mission 770 Freedom Speakers + Linn Interconnects & Van Den Hul The Wind hybrid Speaker Cable
    Vinyl -
    Rega Planer 2 with Rega Britain Green 250 Tonearm & Upgraded Van Den Hul Oil Bearing & Ortofon Super OM-10.

Second System:
    Technics - SU-C909U Pre-Amplifier & SE-A909S Power Amplifier & Technics ST-GT 1000 Tuner & Marantz CD67 Original SE CD player & Thorens TD-125 MK1 Turntable & SME 3009 Series 1 & Shure V15 Type II Cartridge & SME 2000 Plinth & Celestion A compact Speakers

I'm Martin.

Belt drive TT Motors are almost always not expensive. You can still recover it if you want to.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

That's a shame Dan. Keep an eye on TT motors on ebay. You may see one that will fit. I bet it was an OEM job that was used by more than one maker.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Geoff.

How the hell does one lose a pair of fairly hefty speaker cables?

I've been looking all over the place for my rather nice Merlin CR4 cables and can't find them. Probably in a box somewhere. Maybe they'll turn up.

I hope so. I was planning to sell them on.
    Mr. Tact!

I'm Geoff.

Just bought this Chinese valve buffer/pre-amp for a bit of fun. Looks quite neat. Could be complete garbage though .

Spec here. Click on it.

I put an offer of 18 in and it was accepted. The unit requires a 12v DC power supply and I have a couple of decent spare ones.

Now I have to wait a few weeks for it to arrive .
    Mr. Tact!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast