+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatever Next?

I'm Oliver.

Good work Geoff.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Mission 774 OG Tonearm > Toshiba SR 370 Turntable > ZYX R50 Bloom cartridge > Firebottle OTP Phono Stage > Firebottle Monoblocks > IXOS Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Good work Geoff
    Hopefully, the Corellis will be finished by the end of next week if all the parts arrive.

I'm an old hand at this sort of stuff Oliver. Been doing it for forty years or more, so I should be getting things right by now (most of the time ).

I have more projects in the pipeline and they'll be appearing here in due course.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hopefully, the Corellis will be finished by the end of next week if all the parts arrive.

I'm an old hand at this sort of stuff Oliver. Been doing it for forty years or more, so I should be getting things right by now (most of the time ).

I have more projects in the pipeline and they'll be appearing here in due course.
    I really like the satin acrylic finish on them. I'll keep that in mind when I refinish the Mission 710s.

Looking forward to your future projects.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Mission 774 OG Tonearm > Toshiba SR 370 Turntable > ZYX R50 Bloom cartridge > Firebottle OTP Phono Stage > Firebottle Monoblocks > IXOS Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers

I'm Geoff.

I normally get the veneer colour how I want it first, then use clear satin acrylic varnish (water based), but this time I chose Beech colour, as it looked about right for what I wanted. A nice pale gold.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Geoff.

Ah well. It would appear that I now own six pairs of loudspeakers (complete ones that is ).

I just spotted these Wharfedale 504's about to finish on ebay with no bids, so I bunged a cheeky one in and won. Local to me as well. They look in very good condition.

The 504 is a bit of a sleeper. Few folk know about these. The sound quality is extremely good. Nice and compact too, so I'll have room for them.

I'll pick them up in the next few days.
    Mr. Tact!

I'm Grant.

more speaks Geoff? you cornering the market again. They look decent
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.6- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 & HEAVILY MODDED MF X10v3. BERESFORD SWITCHBOX. - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS. - CREEK OBH-11SE HEADPHONE AMP. -AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES, KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - TANDBERG TCD310 - CARTS.. AT95 Shibata, SHURE M55E original, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    more speaks Geoff? you cornering the market again. They look decent
    Just a bit of fun Grant. They didn't cost much. May pick them up tomorrow .
    Mr. Tact!

I'm Grant.

Ive seen these before somewhere but not heard them. Hope you like em.
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.6- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 & HEAVILY MODDED MF X10v3. BERESFORD SWITCHBOX. - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS. - CREEK OBH-11SE HEADPHONE AMP. -AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES, KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - TANDBERG TCD310 - CARTS.. AT95 Shibata, SHURE M55E original, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Ive seen these before somewhere but not heard them. Hope you like em.
    At least they'll be working. Unlike the KEFs at the moment and the big Tannoys are a pain to haul about and reconnect and disconnect .
    Mr. Tact!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I just spotted these Wharfedale 504's about to finish on ebay
    Well that was a bit of a waste of time. Listening carefully it becomes apparent that one tweeter is dead. It's not easy to spot, as the little bass/mid driver extends up a long way.

Never mind. They cost me peanuts and I have a plan for the cabinets.
    Mr. Tact!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast