+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    Seems like we have converted geoff to a Quad fanboy....
    The last Quad amplification I owned was a 22 + II set over thirty years ago.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

You know what? This is now sounding very nice indeed. Maybe I'm just getting used to the way it sounds, but it just seems to get better and better.

Playing a bit of Shpongle at the moment and the way it comes across is bloody amazing!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

A bit of fun? The next walpurgis project. A rather tidy Connoisseur BD1 turntable paired with a Jelco SA-5 arm.

I have a couple of good lift off acrylic lids the right size, so I'll make a plinth based on the lid dimensions in which to house the BD1. There will be a removable armboard included in the design. Only thing is, How to mount an arm for which I have no template? Been down that road a few times. It will be done!

Good little turntables these (despite what a certain beoperson may say about them ).

I'm Grant.

Pete Riggle Audio pages are a good read Geoff
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Not seen that before. Looks interesting.

I'm Geoff.

I think I'll have a measure up of the lid and TT and rough out a plinth plan tonight. Shouldn't take long. There's a good timber shop about two hundred yards from here who don't charge the earth. I reckon I could have this up and running in a few days. I've even got some nice walnut veneer for the base and some big Sorbothane feet that will do nicely. Plenty of spare decent screened signal cable too.

I'm Shane.

How are you getting on with the 306?

S.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    How are you getting on with the 306?

S.
    It's rather nice Shane. At least as good as I'd expected.

I'm Shane.

Better change your name to Walpurgis_306 then

S.

I'm Geoff.

Oh Dear. What's happening now?

These have just arrived. A pair of totally original and untampered KEF Corellis.

I've been after a pair for the last couple of years. Usually, they have been overpriced, a bit rough or too far away (I don't have speakers delivered, like turntables, they get wrecked). These were reasonably priced and only ten minutes away from me.

They sound superb, really transparent and clean. I've always regarded the Corelli as the best sorted of the earlier KEF first and second 'C' series. Better than the 104 variants too. If you are familiar with the LS3/5a sound, well that's more or less what you get here, but with bass!

I'd swear they have never been apart. But, I will disassemble them to renovate the boxes, which have some minor marks. May change the caps too and upgrade the wiring.

At 84db sensitivity they may take a little driving, but then, my Celestion SL600Si were the same and my 15 watt valve monos drove them loud enough.
    Last edited by walpurgis; 12-03-2017 at 20:31.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast