+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Mike has my MC at moment to try; I wonder if he has it mounted yet
    You won't be getting that back then!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    lol. He might not like it. if it sells I may try and pick up another shure or an ADC for back up. Wont break my heart to get it back
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Strictly speaking they are induced magnet designs, having both a fixed magnet and coil - but I suppose moving iron is as good a description as any.

(Pedant mode switched off)

no worries Barry... like to learn
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

New 'toy' in the workshop. A cross vise.

Not actually new, had it a little while, but I've now unboxed it and assembled it for use. Now I can do a bit of milling or very accurate drilling with the stand drill. I've got a small lathe, but this will definitely have its place.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Nice tool that.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Damn! The seller has sent a message informing me that these speaker units are defective. He's offering a full refund, but it's disappointing. I was really looking forward to trying them out.

Just bought a pair of these. Sawafuji DP-12 planar dipole speaker drive units.

Their unusual design got the better of my curiosity. What reports I can find, suggest that the sound quality is rather good.

https://translate.google.co.uk/trans...tm&prev=search

They date from the eighties and are allegedly full range drivers, but I see these more as extended midrange drivers to be used with a low crossover point, say 200/300 Hz to pair them with bass drivers. Efficiency is I believe fairly low, but I have a pair of bass units that may suit these just fine, along with supertweeters to bolster the extreme top if need be.

I'm Mike.

Damn! The seller has sent a message informing me that these speaker units are defective. He's offering a full refund, but it's disappointing. I was really looking forward to trying them out.
    Defective lol that's a good one. He's realised he sold them cheap and this is his way of keeping them.

I'm Mike.

You're not wrong there

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Defective lol that's a good one. He's realised he sold them cheap and this is his way of keeping them.
    Nah. The seller's a nice old chap and I've seen the defect photos.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    You're not wrong there
    Nice?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast