+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 117 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Geoff.

Just finished plugging the top plate holes and cleaned it a bit.

I'll work out the arm mounting position later and mark and cut the hole.

Yes. The on/off switch bush has deliberately been left in place. 'Cos they're a bugger to refit and get tight again once removed.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Sussed out the arm positioning. Two arcs describing the distance from platter centre to arm pillar centre. One for FFSS and one for 774. both arms will use SME type bases (I'll make one for the FFSS). I've elongated the arm opening that would normally be used for the 774 as the FFSS is slightly shorter and will mount further forward. The position is the only one that allows both arms to be used using SME mount four bolt spacing and positioning and not have edges of the base plate overlapping the TT top plate. The arm counterweights may overlap the TT top plate a bit. Not worried about that. The plinth will be built to accomodate it.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

I see. a straight line between the 2 being the slide down/up of the plate for the 2 arms.. neat.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Getting there. Arm mount hole now cut and 2mm pilot holes drilled at base plate mounting positions. These will be enlarged for tapping with threads once I've established which bolt size will suit best. Surface irregularities filled with metallic epoxy, prior to rubbing down. Will do a bit more prep before priming.

Bit more tomorrow. If it rains that may scupper painting though.

Still got to remember how to reassemble the bugger yet (should be OK).

Lots of components to clean up!

I'm Grant.

Certainly coming on .youve been busy
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Brian.

Are you painting this yourself Geoff . If you are what primer and top coats are you using . Very neat work so far BTW
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Are you painting this yourself Geoff . If you are what primer and top coats are you using . Very neat work so far BTW
    Yes. I'll be doing everything myself. I'll be using a white car body etch primer first. If that comes up OK I'll go over it with a couple of coats of the cream acrylic enamel I've chosen, then acrylic lacquer. If I can radius the bevel edge on the platter successfully (should be OK. I have a plan), that will get the same treatment.

I toyed with the thought of powder coating, but it's not going to get knocked about, so that's probably overkill. After all the original finish was only one coat of thin enamel.

I'm Geoff.

Better edited picture:

I'm Josie.

Very nicely done, Geoff... it should.. er.. will look absolutely spot on. can't wait to see it painted up.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Very nicely done, Geoff... it should.. er.. will look absolutely spot on. can't wait to see it painted up.
    Of course it will Jo. I'm doing it!

Wait till you see the plinth (all just in my head at the moment).

I should add, that the platter I'm going to alter (butcher?), by radiusing the bevel is a rough spare example with dings around the outer edge so it looks crap anyway.

+ Reply to Thread