+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Get one?
    Nope. Just looking back, at the times when I heard your example.

S.

I'm Geoff.

This nice little pre-amp has too high an initial output to be a comfortable match to the Quad 306. I've checked the volume pot and it's a 10k item. I'll bung a 100k pot in and see if that makes the volume roll-in a bit more user friendly.

Well, I've just put this Moth Series 30 pre-amp back together.

The case and front panel have been resprayed black and I've changed the volume pot from 10k to 100k in the hope of making it slightly more progressive. It looks a sight better with the black front, as opposed to the light wood colour it had before.

This is a really nice sounding little unit, very clear and detailed. Funny thing is it sounded a bit coarse on switch on, but smoothed out over the first quarter of an hour.

One annoying thing is the replacement pot having an imbalance. Left is quieter than right. Can't have that. It'll have to be changed (again ).

Last edited by walpurgis; 07-06-2017 at 22:19.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Might not be the pot but just being shown up with the. 100k
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I have other pots to try. We'll see.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shane.

I have other pots to try. We'll see.

You junkie!!

S.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    You junkie!!

S.

I'm Geoff.

KEF Corellis.

Why do I keep using them when I've got a beautiful pair of big Tannoys stood right behind them? Not sure really. The Tannoys sound bloody marvellous, but there's something about the Corellis. They're very musical, detailed and transparent. No lack of body either. It's just a nice listen.

I'm Shane.

Looking good, Geoff!

S.

I'm Grant.

A different sort of goodness. A change is as good as a bit of sex
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Power amps everywhere.

Top right in the rack, Modern Classic Tubes CT15 Class A EL34 monoblocks. Below, Quad 306, sitting on Monarchy Audio SM-70 on right and on left, Monarchy Audio SM-70 Pro.

Not a bad one there. Just listening to the creamy smooth SM-70 Pro at the moment. Boy does this thing let the speakers image, almost holographic!

It's just had a new power transformer, courtesy of Alan (Firebottle) who's done a great job. Cheers mate!! So glad to get it back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast