+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 117 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Grant.

see how they go. they are very nice. i like them
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Gone from this:

To This:

All veneer repaired. Grille cloths sorted, sprayed them cream in situ. Removing the baffles was awkward and not necessary.

Bit of colour matching to finish on the veneer, then a coat of satin varnish. Terminals to fit on base instead of the captive leads they came with. Drivers to mount and wire up, then they're done.
    Awesome work! They look like new, very nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    Awesome work! They look like new, very nice.
    They do now (almost ). Gave the wood a couple of coats of satin varnish, looks good. Still need waxing.

May have them finished tomorrow.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    They do now (almost ). Gave the wood a couple of coats of satin varnish, looks good. Still need waxing.

May have them finished tomorrow.
    They might make good rear speakers for a surround system?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    They might make good rear speakers for a surround system?
    Not something I'd considered, but I guess they could. I won't be keeping them though. Too much other stuff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Have you finished them yet then Geoff?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Have you finished them yet then Geoff?
    No. I was trying to do a bit on them outside, but drizzle stopped play.

Got the holes for the terminal plates sorted though.

I'm Geoff.

Wot's this 'ere then? Somebody's sneaked a pair of midget speakers onto the end of my system!

Yes. It's a dinky little pair of mint Mission-Cyrus 780SE's and sounding every bit as good as I remembered.

Despite the compact dimensions, there's no lack of scale and the clarity is just fine. I like the seamlessness across the frequency range too.

You can keep yer Usher S530's and LS3/5a's. These are just great!

(no, they're not mine, I'm minding them until my mate picks them up)

I'm Grant.

dinky size right enough. Probably about same size as my actives, that I run in conjunction with the fullragers. Having their own built in amp makes it easy and they just add a little sparkle
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I had a pair some years ago and loved them. To be honest, I'd forgotten how good they are. These are proper Hi-Fi speakers and one could live with a pair happily.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 117 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast