+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 117 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1166

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hmm, wonder what these little things will be like? Just bought a pair of Goodmans Maxim 2 speakers off ebay to play with. They were cheap and look mint in the photos. I know some members are rather fond of these, never heard any myself. They should be good for the second system.

There was a Hifi World DIY supplement to make these active. I did have all the supplements and may have it if you are interested.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Alan.

I also have a tidy NAD 1020 pre-amp that for some reason seems to be stuck at 1/3 max output. Something on the V/C side is shorting through I think. It's a toss-up between getting it sorted or selling 'as is', somebody would want it as they are hard to find now. May use a meter and see if I can figure what's what.
    That sounds like it could be a fault on a 'loudness' tapping on the VC. Check that area first if there is an extra connection part way around the VC.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    That sounds like it could be a fault on a 'loudness' tapping on the VC. Check that area first if there is an extra connection part way around the VC.
    I think there is Alan. It's tucked away at the moment, but I'll fish it out and see if I can figure things out.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I didn't know about that, does it allow the loudness contour to be changed (reduced?) as the volume gets higher?

I'm Alan.

Yes exactly that. Not particularly common.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Shane.

Hello Geoff! Hope you are well.

How is the Hi-Fi journey going?

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post
    Hello Geoff! Hope you are well.

How is the Hi-Fi journey going?

S.
    Hi Shane. Yes, I'm still tinkering. The big Tannoys are gone and I'm using some Monitor Audio R852MDs at the moment until I get my speaker build off the deck, also playing with a variety of NAD amps.

What have you been up to?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shane.

Hi Shane. Yes, I'm still tinkering. The big Tannoys are gone and I'm using some Monitor Audio R852MDs at the moment until I get my speaker build off the deck, also playing with a variety of NAD amps.

What have you been up to?

I still have a decent recollection of those Tannoys. They had very good imaging and deep bass. Still miss them to some extent.

Just taking care of a ill elderly relative at the moment. Nothing too severe.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Geoff.

And now. Another pair of KEF Corellis, given to me today by my best mate. They were recently recapped and are sounding absolutely wonderful on the end of my latest NAD 3130 amp. The currently resident Monitor Audio R852s are good, but not in the same league as these Corellis (it's my second pair, I should have kept the first ones).

I'm Martin.

Resolutely back in the early 1980s there Geoff. Like it.

Reminds me off a pal's system, Audiolab 8000A into KEF KIT speakers. People always slag off the 8000A but it was perfect with those old KEFs.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread